National Human Resource Manager – Gallagher Canada
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
|Job Title:||National Human Resources Manager|
|Reports to:||National Director of Human Resources|
As the Human Resources Manager you will report to the National Director of Human Resources and will support all people based activities from both an operational and strategic perspective for locations across Canada. We are looking for a business partner who enjoys working both strategically and operationally while contributing to the success of the business. You will collaborate with business leaders by providing consultation on all people related matters and linking business and tactical strategies to the business priorities.
How you will impact the business:
- Develop organizational strategies and participate in critical business processes including organizational planning and development; employee recruitment and retention; performance management; employee relations and culture building; benefit programs; learning and professional development
- Support the comprehensive annual performance management processes including goal setting; performance appraisals; mentorship and career development
- Lead and coordinate benefits programs including enrollment, updates, and terminations of health and dental insurance and leaves of absences
- Influence process improvements that ensures cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness, and internal equity among employees while assessing legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the business
- Participate in change initiatives and implements HR strategies to achieve organization goals and objectives including driving Inclusion and Diversity efforts through supporting the execution of the I&D committee initiatives
- Support and maintain HR information including personnel file creation and maintenance, new hire entry, employee data updates, and terminations; ensuring accurate and up to date employee data is maintained
- Provide guidance on and ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and relevant legislation to employees at all levels
Skills to make you successful in the role:
- Strong communication and consultative relationship building skills with ability to establish credibility, while working collaboratively with virtual teams and processes and encouraging an environment of openness and team work with individuals across the organization
- A decisive, resourceful, and organized individual who possesses strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills and has a results-oriented focus while balancing the needs of the business and the employee
- Ability to respond optimally to the most sensitive inquires or complaints while managing ambiguity and helping lead others through change
- Able to act independently with minimal direction
Education and Experience:
- Bilingualism (English/French) required
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional-level Human Resources role with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organization planning, employee relations, and training
- CHRP designation either achieved or in progress
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office and utilization of an HRIS system) required
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with operational activities
- Prior experience in a complex, international business environment is preferred
If you love the challenges of this dynamic field, then Gallagher will support and cultivate your professional development and success.
With more than 300 HR and Benefits professionals across Canada, our team harnesses our collective strengths to deliver outstanding service, coupled with our local expertise.
Founded on the cornerstones of integrity, innovation, partnership, and empathy, Gallagher Canada has built its legacy one success at a time. With a strong history and a forward-thinking future, we continue on the quest to become the leading brokerage and consulting firm in Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for anyone taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: Dawn_Williams@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AKTD-115613 National Human Resource Manager – Gallagher Canada - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.