National Fleet Manager
Our client is one of the largest and most well-known uniform rental companies in North America. The company has over 115 service centres and production facilities throughout Canada and the United States helping to service nearly 150,000 businesses. The Canadian operations continue to experience continued growth in with representation in virtually every province in the country.
Job Title: National Fleet Manager
Reports to: Fleet and Compliance Manager for North America
Direct Reports: This is a single contributor role
The Fleet Manager is responsible for providing direction for an efficient service department function in each jurisdiction and will help to oversee multiple market centers and depot locations. Each branch employs a Chief Engineer and Maintenance Mechanic meaning the incumbent will help to influence maximum production and controlling of costs. In addition, the successful candidate will be an integral figure in influencing workflow, quality control and shop organization by maintaining positive employee relationships and setting preventive maintenance practices while also working directly with manufacturers to identify and implement the latest environmentally efficient technology for the fleet vehicles.
Vehicles’ performance is monitored through advanced maintenance diagnostics, allowing fleet operators to significantly lessen fuel consumption. The route-optimization software which is deployed will help to reduce miles, fuel and emissions through to map out the most efficient travel routes.
- Indirectly managing the fleet mechanic staff in multiple locations by helping each site manage performance, scheduling of vehicle maintenance, training and overall direction of safety protocols
- Set forecast goals and objectives for the department
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with the market center managers, district managers, service coordinators, route sales representatives (RSR) and other internal partners
- Uphold and drive compliance of federal and provincial regulations and corporate policies that affect service operations, such as hazardous wash disposal and occupational health and safety protocols
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities
- Provide direction and guidelines to the fleet mechanic staff regarding time allotment and meeting deadlines for assigned work
- Follow up with general mechanic qualifications to ensure the fleet mechanics team have updated knowledge and skills
- Account for all work orders and purchases orders
- Manage the performance of the department using various company tools, such as Daily Work Order Recap, warranty Reports, Telephone Surveys, Monthly PM Reports, Fuel Reports from Vendors and Mileage/Fuel Reports from Market Center
- Monitor and maintain reporting systems, repair order trends for breakdowns, multiple fleet failures, comebacks, and tire wear
- Ensure the vehicle service records are current and available for reference
- Monitor each location by ensuring adherence to condition and care of shop tools and equipment
- Follow-up on part usage and maintain parts inventory to efficiently operate shop so mechanics did not have to wait for parts to complete necessary repairs
- Track and distribute factory campaigns for vehicles being maintained
- Review repair orders from previous day, review and sign all Accounts payables invoices and purchase orders from the prior day
- Handle internal and external customer calls to properly maintain and service the fleet
- Review and update operations reports such as PM, fuel mileage, fuel reconciliation report, fuel card program, stock parts order, DVIR report for M/C compliance and fleet mileage reports
- Provide monthly progress for PM costs, preventive maintenance schedule, fuel card program reports and recap of monthly expenditures for each location(s)
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND CAPABILIITES
- Thorough knowledge of federal transport regulations, provincial regulations, hazardous wash disposal, safety and other Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Proficient in preventive maintenance control systems and in parts procurement and inventory control
- A minimum of 5-years of supervisory or management experience within a fleet setting
- Ability to manage and influence multi sites and formulate strong team environments
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to motivate and get results from team members
- Good appreciation of maintenance practices and fleet management coupled with a sound appreciation standard practices and use of metrics
- Meet all requirements of a qualified commercial driver; position requires regular travel to various Market Centers with Fleet Maintenance Departments
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A016108 (ABKA-810030) National Fleet Manager - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.