Marketing Director – Sugarlash Pro
Created from an owner with a relentless passion to be the best in the industry, Sugarlash Pro has quickly grown to become one of North America’s premier eyelash distributors. Driven by the highest standards, Sugarlash Pro sources the best available products from around the world, while continually pushing the boundaries in product development and advancement. Truly an eyelash couture, Sugarlash Pro clientele demand the highest level of performance and product quality in the business. Sugarlash Pro prides itself on consistently delivering on this expectation.
Sugarlash Pro also offers a best in class Academy Program, where lash artists from all over the world are trained to be the best in the industry and learn unique trademarked techniques of the highest and most respected caliber, as recognized by global industry experts.
Sugarlash Pro continues to experience rapid growth, and as such is currently seeking a Marketing Director who will develop, monitor and execute a comprehensive annual marketing plan, communication strategy and budget encompassing all aspects of portfolio management. The Marketing Director will spearhead all marketing initiatives while collaborating with internal departments to ensure and drive the successful execution of this plan. This will include the mentorship and development of staff while fostering a cohesive culture of collaboration and teamwork.
For information about Sugarlash Pro, please visit their website at sugarlashpro.ca
Job Title: Marketing Director
Reports to: Operations Manager, Academy Director
Direct Reports: 6
Indirect Reports: None
- Develop, monitor and execute a comprehensive annual marketing plan and budget encompassing all aspects of portfolio management
- Develop a detailed communication strategy
- Transform global and regional market insights and foresight trends into product concepts and product pipeline
- Lead a multifunctional team, comprised of internal & external designers, labs, packaging, and R&D, to deliver innovative and on-brand products to market throughout the year
- Identify business and market opportunities for long-term innovation vision, with new product and commercial innovations
- Lead and develop thorough market analysis on competition, segments, brand architecture, etc
- Successfully launch new products, while continuing to grow existing business
- Deliver holistic go-to-market toolkit for product launches, collaborating closely with the PR, Social, and Sales organizations
- Responsible for product financials, from gross margin to price positioning per SKU
- Collaborate with Finance and Sales to produce monthly upper management reports tracking quantitative and qualitative insights
- Support Sales by developing all necessary product information tools, as well as point of sales promotional and training collaterals
- Collaborate with Operations to create and maintain the entire product database in various systems
- Effectively collaborate with all internal teams including: Operations, Academy, Distribution and Design, and,
- Effectively collaborate with external partners, including: Retailers, Agencies, Media, Press.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Sugarlash Pro is a rapidly growing company and operates at a quick pace
- The company is currently in a transitional period between offices
- Opportunity to lead a young, energetic, dynamic team
- Opportunity to be a strong leader in a fun and energetic company
- Opportunity to help bring the owners vision to life
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree in Marketing or similar education
- (10+ years) of proven marketing experience, ideally in beauty, cosmetics or women’s luxury goods;
- Strong Social Media expertise (candidates should be prepared to provide a portfolio / social media links and a brag book);
- Analytical experience across Social Media platforms: Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter / Instagram and Snapchat;
- Track record of success in identifying and executing on successful integrated brand, events, social and/or PR campaigns;
- Clear understanding of how to approach brand positioning/development, run campaigns, and negotiate with and manage agencies;
- Proven track record of success in building a top consumer luxury brand and new product launches;
- Experience managing creative departments; and
- Experience with a national / international beauty or fashion company would be an asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Passion to lifestyle brands in the beauty, fashion and retail sectors with an eye for luxury;
- Excellent communications skills with a creative eye for persuasive, effective communication tactics;
- Strong creative and analytical thinking skills;
- Driven to overachieve and strive for team wins;
- Positive, proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Results oriented with a high degree of business acumen;
- Independent self-starter with a high degree of accountability;
- Tenacity to get things done on time and on budget;
- Thrives in a scrappy startup environment with a proactive take action mentality; and
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ARBC-486220 Marketing Director – Sugarlash Pro - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.