Marketing Analyst – Jupiter Resources
Jupiter Resources Inc. is a Calgary-based independent exploration and production company with an operations office in Grande Cache, Alberta. Jupiter is focused on the acquisition, development and production of unconventional liquids-rich natural gas properties in the core of the Alberta Deep Basin, principally targeting the Spirit River formations.
Jupiter Resources is one of the top 10 producers of natural gas in Canada with total production of 400 mmcfed from more than 350,000 net acres of land in the Kakwa, Red Rock and Resthaven fields.
Jupiter Resources was founded in 2014 and partnered with Apollo Global Management, one of the world’s largest private equity investors, to acquire its properties from EnCana. Jupiter has over 100 individuals dedicated to growing production and enhancing returns by optimizing drilling, completions and development practices to become one of the premier energy companies in Canada.
For more information about Jupiter Resources please visit their website at: www.jupiterresources.com
Job Title: Marketing Analyst (Permanent Full-Time or Term Contract – Candidate Dependent)
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Location: Calgary, AB
The successful candidate will work in a collaborative team environment to provide analytical and decision-making support to the marketing team. The incumbent will help drive commercial decision making and identify opportunities to enhance value. The Marketing Analyst is expected to perform analytical work across all aspects of Jupiter’s marketing portfolio including natural gas, crude oil and natural gas liquids, as well as the company’s hedging program.
- Maintenance and enhancement of numerous front, mid and back office models such as: deal capture, deal economics and netback, in support of marketing activities
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team on development of new models to support the evolving business
- Provide ongoing support for transactional and operational activities including volume forecasting, nominations, operational balancing, and contract administration
- Assess and review Jupiter’s commodity purchase arrangements on an ongoing basis to verify payments, assess netbacks and identity opportunities to enhance netbacks
- Assess and review market supply, demand and pricing data across oil, gas and natural gas liquids markets. Maintain models and prepare various reports and presentations to help inform Jupiter’s view of the marketplace
- Assess and review Jupiter’s marketing portfolio on an ongoing basis to identify trends and key value drivers. Prepare analysis, reports, and presentations to help identify opportunities to enhance value
- Join an organization that encourages each employee to have a voice and recognizes that each contribution adds to the collective success
- Be a part of a team that takes pride in their work, always strives to be extraordinary and challenges the status quo
- Have the ability to be in a versatile position that will allow you to learn all aspects of the business
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Demonstrate very strong numerical awareness
- Ensure they have developed working knowledge of commodity pricing, units of measure and conversion, transportation, product quality and other essential foundational knowledge
- Become proficient in Jupiter’s current analytics framework, business processes, models and knowledge of the current book of business
- Learn and successfully utilize TIBCO Spotfire capabilities within the marketing space
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, computer science, mathematics or similar
- Two to five years of direct experience related to natural gas, crude oil, and/or natural gas liquids marketing
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, modelling capabilities, and numerical awareness
- Preference will be given to those candidates that possess the appropriate analytical, commercial, operational and/or accounting experience in oil, gas and/or natural gas liquids marketing and possess a core working knowledge of commodity pricing, units of measure and conversion, transportation, product quality and other essential foundational knowledge
- High level of skill working in an Excel and PowerPoint environment is a must
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire will be a significant asset
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong desire to learn and get to the “right answer” – self-motivated and self-learner
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop and foster good internal and external relationships as required
- Ability to work under pressure and work to recurring deadlines
- Ability to respond quickly to unplanned and unexpected requirements
- Ability to work and collaborate in a small team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Energy, enthusiasm and a passion for working in this industry
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ATOE-047345 Marketing Analyst – Jupiter Resources - AB - Calgary (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.