Manager, Procurement – Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo)
AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with approximately $100 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans. Their culture is defined by their core values: Excellence, Transparency, Humility, Integrity, and Collaboration, along with their vision “Enriching the lives of Albertans by building prosperity, security, and opportunity across generations”.
AIMCo seeks to be a destination organization, attracting individuals with widely varying work experience from across North America and around the globe. With more than forty languages spoken and a majority of the world’s cultures represented, AIMCo is a truly global corporation. They employ those worldly insights to make the best investment decisions for their clients, bringing local knowledge to the most far reaching opportunities for their clients.
Job Title: Manager, Procurement
Reports to: Senior Manager, Procurement
Indirect Reports: 5: 3 Procurement Specialists and 2 Procurement Administrators
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement, this position provides Procurement and Vendor Management leadership and guidance to the Procurement team members and to AIMCo business clients.
The Manager, Procurement coaches and supports Procurement Specialists, while working with Legal, Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management teams to reduce risks and maintain compliance with AIMCo policies and trade agreement obligations (Canadian Free Trade Agreement ‘CFTA’, New West Partnership Trade Agreement ‘NWPTA’ and Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement ‘CETA’). The Manager, Procurement will also be responsible for providing leadership in the development of an organizational Vendor Management Framework.
- Coach and assist Procurement Specialists to resolve procurement and/or contract issues and negotiations;
- Supervise the Procurement Administrator role and functions;
- Implement process improvement with the Procurement team and AIMCo business clients;
- Manage the Procurement Reporting processes, including the development and analysis for the quarterly EC reporting (Procurement KPIs and Compliance) and the annual Trade Agreement reporting;
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of a Vendor Management Framework (e.g. materiality thresholds, classification of vendor management types, scorecard and SLA reporting, issues and relationship management etc.);
- Complete spend analysis and recommend procurement strategies designed to realize cost savings;
- Support strategic procurement planning, manage competitive procurement, complete contract documentation and facilitate review, capture vendor and consultant checks and certifications for assigned business areas;
- Conduct quality assurance review of procurement and contracting documentation, apply subject matter expertise and work with business to finalize documentation;
- Provide guidance and direction to AIMCo business users regarding their procurement and contracting activities;
- Contract negotiation and finalization activities; and
- Maintain working relationship with vendors and external contracts (e.g. GoA Procurement Services).
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a plan for the implementation of a comprehensive Vendor Management Framework inclusive of vendor relationship building as part of contract management process;
- Oversee the automation of the department processes;
- Lead the team through the transition of the new Business Partner Model and build relationships with client groups to facilitate the transition; and
- Develop trusted relationships with team and provide mentorship to elevate the technical skills on the team.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business and/or a related field.
- Track record of success in a public sector procurement department;
- Advanced level of understanding of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word and Outlook);
- Knowledge of best practices in procurement, vendor management and contract management;
- Previous experience and knowledge of Applicable Trade Agreements (ie. Canadian Free Trade Agreement ‘CFTA’, New West Partnership Trade Agreement ‘NWPTA’ and Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement ‘CETA’); and
- Demonstrated experience and understand of contract law.
Competencies and Attributes
- Superior organization and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Comfortable with a variety of technology and systems;
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrates a high degree of intuition and emotional intelligence, especially with respect to leading the team;
- Highly inquisitive nature and ability to learn new concepts quickly;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with particular emphasis on leadership, facilitation, change management, and relationship building;
- Superior communication style that balances succinctness, clarity and finesse;
- Hands-on working leader with detail orientation;
- Possesses a sense of urgency with a result focus and decisive leadership style; and
- Strength of character and presence with the ability to gain the respect of and influence both the executive leadership team and employees at large.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ADPY-033465 Manager, Procurement – Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) - ABAB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.