Manager, Marketing & Business Development – Brownlee LLP
Our client, Brownlee LLP is a mid-sized, regional law firm with offices in Edmonton and Calgary, providing the breadth and depth of service of a full-service law firm throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, the Yukon, Nunavut and Northwest Territories. With extensive and long-standing practices in almost all legal disciplines, Civil Litigation, Municipal and Administrative Law, and Corporate-Commercial Law remain the cornerstones and core strengths upon which they continue to build extensive specialized and unique practice areas.
The firm was founded in the late 1930’s by the late John E. Brownlee, the 5th Premier of Alberta, who was the original architect of a client-centered service focused on local issues important to the client wherever they are located across this Province and the Territories. These traditions continue to this day, which in turn provide for a constant stimulus for innovation in response to the needs of their clients, and the issues and adversities that they may face. The firm now draws upon the skills and expertise of its many dedicated practice groups which have been created in response to client requirements. Working within these teams, and on a broader level as a firm built upon common history, purpose and principles, Brownlee LLP delivers the extremely broad and varied legal services required by their clients and the diverse economic landscape of Alberta. Today, this unique approach to legal services has served to make Brownlee LLP a very trusted and recognizable name throughout Western Canada.
For further information about Brownlee LLP, please visit their website at www.brownleelaw.com
MANAGER, MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Reports to: Director of Operations
Direct Reports: Marketing Assistant
Primary Interactions: Managing Partner, Lawyers, Director of Operations, Manager of Finance, Manager of HR, Manager of IT
Location: Edmonton, AB
This role is responsible for supporting the Edmonton and Calgary offices to drive revenue growth and elevate the profile of the Firm in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
The position will include the following key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day requests for marketing and business development support including, but not limited to: organization and facilitation of firm seminars (including the production of handout materials), conventions, tradeshows and sponsored events such as hospitality suites, the Calgary Stampede, etc.;
- Provide RFP support including research, copy editing and drafting text;
- Work with practice group leaders and partners in preparation of client focused business plans with an emphasis on revenue growth and profitability;
- Participate in group meetings to help implement the marketing and BD strategy;
- Undertake business development related client and market research as needed;
- Suggest synergies, share best practices and promote cross-selling;
- Plan and develop the annual Marketing & BD budget for Edmonton and Calgary;
- Assist in the development and production of content for business development initiatives including seminars, conferences, industry associations and other opportunities to enhance Brownlee visibility;
- Manager and develop the firm website and LinkedIn, posting approved content from lawyers for internet purposes, the firm intranet, social media, blogging and digital support, etc.;
- Maintain lawyer profiles, client database lists, directories, etc.;
- Manage all aspects of firm advertising including printed materials such as business cards, letterhead, brochures, Christmas e-cards, signage, banners, tradeshow booths, including the design, edit and renewing process;
- Handle client requests for sponsorships, donations, etc.;
- Mentor, train and facilitate the professional development of direct reports to enhance their skills and competencies; and
- Manage other marketing and business development projects as assigned.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Be known as the “go to” person within Marketing & Business Development by building engaging, trusting relationships throughout the Firm;
- Under the guidance of the Director of Operations, deliver on Marketing & Business Development programs and projects as outlined in the strategic plan;
- Build positive working relationships with the partners, lawyers, and IT, Marketing, HR and Finance Managers as part of the drivers for growth and change within the Firm.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education certification with a major in marketing, business or communications preferred;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, with at least (2) years as a Marketing Manager (or similar senior role) within a professional services environment, ideally at a law firm; and
- Experience and demonstrated performance in the leadership and management of staff.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with the ability to proactively problem-solve and manage competing priorities while meeting deadlines;
- Strong professional presence and conduct;
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of marketing within intranets, firm websites and all forms of social media;
- Established knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point) and CRM databases;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Collaborative and diplomatic operational style;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality;
- Effective and positive team player who is results-oriented with a strong internal client focus;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate with others;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to collaborate successfully in a team environment.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AXTS-227348 Manager, Marketing & Business Development – Brownlee LLP - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.