Manager, Government and Community Relations
The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation (SLSMC), formerly known as the St. Lawrence Seaway Authority, is a nonprofit Canadian Corporation established in 1998 by the government of Canada, in partnership with Seaway users and other stakeholders, in order to ensure safe and efficient marine traffic. As dictated by the 1998 Canada Marine Act, the Corporation manages and operates the assets of the Crown entrusted to St. Lawrence Seaway, which consists of lands, Canals and 13 of the 15 locks between Montreal and Lake Erie, for the government under a long-term agreement with Transport Canada“.
Reporting to the Vice President – External Relations, the role of this position and unit is to promote the Great-Lakes Seaway System’s economic and political value as an integrated and viable bi-national transportation system.
The Manager builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders of the broader Seaway community and with governmental entities and manages external communications for the Corporation in order to increase awareness of the positive impacts and contributions of the Seaway system as well as mitigate any political and community development that could inhibit SLSMC’s mandate, mission and strategic direction.
The role promotes and engages with adjacent communities towards a harmonized and shared use of the waterway as well as harmonizes local activities while maintaining its broader strategic objectives and operational needs.
- University degree in an appropriate discipline combined ideally with a master’s degree;
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience in a corporate external communications role with solid knowledge and experience in making full use of all communication tools;
- A minimum of five years’ Management experience combined with experience at interacting with and influencing corporate executives, senior level government officials, contractors and various other stakeholders;
- Large network of contacts, ideally within Canadian government agencies, Ontario and Quebec provincial governments, interest groups and Transport Canada;
- Exposure to the transportation sector, and in particular, ideally, the maritime sector;
- Experience in managing a corporate image and interacting and influencing various community groups;
- Perfectly bilingual in both official languages combined with strong writing and presentation skills;
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE:
- A Passionate and dedicated communicator and relationship builder with strong communications and interpersonal skills;
- An organized manager, skilled at planning and prioritizing;
- Innovative and creative, yet analytical and attentive to details;
- Honest, empathetic, level-headed and credible with a sound judgment;
- Flexible and adaptable in his interactions with others, yet resilient and at ease under pressure;
- At ease with managing change, enabling the community and collaborating with all stakeholders.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A003588 (AEIB-446144) Manager, Government and Community Relations - ON - Cornwall (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.