Manager, Regulatory Affairs – CPA Manitoba
CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS OF MANITOBA
The Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba (CPA Manitoba) is a professional regulatory body that represents more than 9000 CPA members, candidates and students. CPA Manitoba protects the public interest through rigorous educational and certification programs and ensures its members uphold the highest professional and ethics standards.
CPAs play key roles within diverse segments of the economy including industry, public accounting, government, education and the not-for-profit sector. They offer a strong set of accounting, managerial and leadership skills required for today’s complex and evolving environment. CPAs are broad-minded, forward-thinking professionals who undertake appropriate analysis, exercise good judgment, communicate effectively and act to protect the public interest.
Job Title: Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Reports to: Director, Ethics & Regulatory Affairs
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Director, Ethics & Regulatory Affairs the Manager, Regulatory Affairs primary focus will be to ensure the membership is adhering to CPA Manitoba regulations and code of ethics. The role involves understanding and supporting the complaints process, compliance with Continuing Professional Development requirements and offering assistance with registration matters. You will advise on matters pertaining to the complaints process, CPA Manitoba Code of Professional Conduct, Bylaws and Policies by responding to inquiries from the public, members, firms and students/ candidates.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- The complaints process is handled in accordance with The Chartered Professional Accountants Act & CPA Manitoba Bylaws
- Preparation of agenda packages for and in coordination with Complaints Investigation Committee (CIC) meetings
- Attend discipline hearings acting as support to legal counsel for CIC
- Recruitment and engagement of CIC Members- both CPAs and Public Representatives
- Orientation of new CIC members to the committee
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Ensure members comply with continuing professional development requirements under the CPA Manitoba Bylaws
- Ensure changes to CPD requirements follow proper protocol for implementation through CPA Manitoba Board approval along with member consultation where required under the CPA Act
- Prepare guidance for members as needed
- Assist with registration matters related to students/ candidates, members and firms, namely transfer in/out application and affiliate applications as well as letters in good standing requests
- Assist Registrar with other matters as needed
- Other special projects as required
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries from students/ candidates, members, firms and the public with respect to the Code of Professional Conduct and complaints/ discipline processes, Bylaws and Policies as well as the CPA Canada Handbook
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES
Success in the first year will be determined by the Manager, ethics & regulatory affairs ability to lead CPA Manitoba through the following:
- Culture: Develop and support the creation of an organizational culture that embraces CPA Manitoba’s core values and operating principles.
- Regulatory Excellence:
- Successfully maintain enabling legislation and regulatory oversight that protects the interests of Manitobans and enhances the CPA brand in Manitoba
- Successfully maintain the regulatory oversight of the Continuing Professional Development requirements of members
- Member Relevance: Assist in the development and delivery of meaningful resources, services and events that are sought after and valued by members and build membership engagement
- Operational Excellence: Support and participate in the delivery of the Regulatory Affairs departmental policies and initiatives
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Profession and other formal education requirements
- CPA Designation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills with particular emphasis on the ability to use diplomacy when dealing with fellow members and members of the general public
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to deal with difficult situations and individuals tactfully
- Proven ability to explain technical material- verbally and in writing in a practical manner
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Mentoring and coaching team members
- Experience in public practice with a supervisory role in audit would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with the profession’s Code of Professional Conduct would be an asset
- Legal background or litigation support would be an asset
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Actively demonstrate commitment to company core values of:
- Interest and belief in the values of team players who collectively contribute to success
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills to assess and manager multiple priorities
- Numerical accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability in response to frequent changes in priorities
- Management skills to identify, develop, review, and establish efficiencies
- Ability to work independently
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A016353 (AASR-820655) Manager, Regulatory Affairs – CPA Manitoba - MB - Winnipeg (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.