Logistics Coordinator, North America – DEFA
DEFA is a Norwegian company, founded in 1946 with more than 400 employees on 3 continents distributing products in more than 30 countries worldwide. DEFA continues to innovate and develop environmentally friendly and efficient products and services that improve the way people charge, preheat and secure their vehicles, light up their buildings and roads, control their cabins, document their driving and much more.
DEFA has three business units: Automotive, e-mobility & Lighting, and Digital. The primary focus in Canada are the Automotive product lines. This includes products for electrical preheating, security and tracking as well as portable and professional chargers. Canada’s climate makes these products extremely valuable for both consumers and businesses.
The following outlines DEFA’s values which continue to set them apart from their competitors:
Creates trust – open minded – constructive – respectful – fair – takes responsibility – high morale & ethics
Communicates the vision, goals & strategy – delegates – continuous improvement – result oriented – prioritizes well
Focuses on the customer – achieve high customer satisfaction – ensures DEFA is an attractive supplier
Creative, simple & effective – solution oriented – smart – re-thinks
Committed & Inspired
Dedicated – energetic – persistent – positive – sees opportunities – strength to implement
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator, North America
Reports to: Country Manager, North America
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
The Logistics Coordinator, North America will be responsible for operational logistics activities for DEFA North America including order management, invoicing and other administrative tasks.
- regularly collect forecasting data from market stakeholders, transfer the data into component volumes towards suppliers and distribute the information to relevant suppliers
- monitor, initiate and follow up actions related to delivery performance and potential backorders throughout the supply chain to exceed customer expectations
- monitor, initiate and follow up actions related to inventory control to keep inventory to a minimum
Logistics partner management:
- Close interaction with 3PL partner to monitor, initiate and follow up actions related to the performance of freight providers and 3PL partners.
- daily coordination of all shipments, national and international, update needed information in relevant system, secure that shipments are monitored, delivery is checked and registered, and relevant documentation is stored
- manage all shipments for import/export, all invoicing, Bill of Lading and complete transport documentation
Projects for new business:
- support new business product introductions to ensure effective supply chains and flowless launches
- coordinate and control the order cycle and associated information systems (MS Dynamics AX)
- Receive orders and manage questions from customers (mail, phone, fax)
- Enter orders continuously in the system – all orders should be confirmed within 24 hours
- Confirm delivery time and send confirmation on orders to customer and internally to sales
- Daily follow up orders to ensure delivery in accordance with promise
- Inform customer about any delays immediately with explanation, and confirm new delivery time
- Invoicing to the customer
- Answer questions from external and internal customers concerning pricing, delivery times, freight and general advice.
- Assist sales reps with offers to customer, when needed
- Handle complaints in cooperation with technical department
- Manage credits, if necessary
- When necessary, be on-site
- Other tasks as deemed necessary
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree, preferably in Engineering, preferably within logistics/supply chain (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years’ experience with supply chain management in an international company
- Experience from the automotive industry is a strong advantage
- Strong understanding of logistics processes, including order handling, transport, warehousing
- Knowledge and understanding of global ERP/logistics systems
Competencies and Attributes
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong English, written and spoken. French is an asset
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ADFH-413378 Logistics Coordinator, North America – DEFA - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.