IT Service Manager – Keeran Networks
In 1999 Keeran Networks was founded to help businesses in Alberta generate a better ROI from their business technology. The aim was to relieve technical headaches and help organizations concentrate on their business goals.
Over the years, we have expanded our operations to Toronto and Vancouver, harnessing the capabilities of our brilliant IT talent. However, our growth phase helped us realize – there is not enough “meeting of minds” between businesses and their IT providers.
As we realized how communication gap could hamper the client’s growth, we developed an amazingly successful KeeranONE approach. Now, we strategize, plan and dream together with our clients and create technical intelligence to help their businesses scale new heights.
We Believe in Value Creation
Our commitment to the highest quality service and support is backed by our philosophy of mutual respect and building relationships. We focus on clients’ business drivers and develop technical capabilities exceeding their expectations. Our managed and hosted services take clients off the expensive installation and upgrade treadmill by continually providing the latest proven technologies – fully managed, redundant, secure, and affordable.
Client Experience above all else – Delivering a remarkable experience by intimately knowing the client’s needs.
Persistance – Finishing what you start.
Can do Attitude – Believing you can, before believing you cannot.
Accountable for your Actions – Making it right instead of making an excuse.
Always there to Help – Being a go-giver, not a go-getter.
Selfless – Putting the needs of others above your own.
Job Title: Service Manager
Reports to: Partner
Direct Reports: 8-10 (Account Manager, Help Desk Analysts, System Admins, Service Coordinators, NOC Techs)
The Service Manager will be responsible for the performance of the service team, with 8-10 direct reports initially including Account Managers, Help Desk Analysts, Help Desk Escalations Analysts, NOC Technicians, Service Coordinators and Systems Administrators.
The successfully candidate will be an experienced manager who excels at working with their direct reports to coach them and grow their skillsets. The candidate will also be a great communicator and leader who communicates well and is comfortable dealing with our team and our clients. Some previous technical experience is desirable in this role, but most of the job is dealing with people and processes rather than servers and workstations.
- Full ownership and accountability for the service department.
- Providing leadership, management and accountability to all direct reports (approximately 8-10 currently).
- Reinforce the company’s core values within the service department.
- Coaching direct reports to grow in their skillsets and providing a clear career progression path.
- Ensure that staff are happy in their jobs and have a pleasant work environment. Maintain high department morale to ensure low staff turnover.
- Perform goal setting with direct reports.
- Providing annual performance reviews to direct reports.
- Project management of professional services projects.
- Participate in weekly management team meetings and annual retreat.
- Lead weekly service team meetings following EOS Level 10 format.
- Conduct weekly one on one meetings with all direct reports.
- Interviewing/hiring members of the department as required.
- Operating the department within established industry best practice budget ratios.
- Daily review of all department timesheets.
- Weekly review of subordinate expense reports.
- Follow-up with clients on negative or neutral surveys. After gathering the facts, address the survey with any staff involved to ensure better results going forward.
- Conduct onsite meetings with clients as required to address issues, ensure client satisfaction, plan projects, etc.
- Attend quarterly business review meetings along with the Account Manager as required.
- Regular review of recorded phone calls and written correspondence with clients to ensure that high standards are being maintained, and subordinates are coached as needed.
- Act as an escalation point for afterhours emergency tickets that aren’t acknowledged by the on-call technician in a timely fashion.
- Travel to conferences/industry peer group meetings is occasionally required.
- Ensure that the department is ready to scale as we are in a growth phase with anticipated further growth.
- Ensure tasks are properly documented, and documented procedures are followed.
- Oversee the dispatch process and make sure that tickets are meeting established service level agreements.
- Work with appropriate technical staff to act as a final point of escalation for technical issues that need to be solved.
- Work to grow your skillset by attending coaching sessions with a mentor, peer groups, reading, etc.
- Maintain daily awareness of service department metrics.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant education – 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of management experience is required, and IT specific experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working within a managed service provider is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with technology is desired (i.e. past help desk analyst, systems administrator, etc).
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written.
- Capable of thinking ahead months/year and executing towards the long-term goals and vision of the organization.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A016277 (ABLS-572014) IT Service Manager – Keeran Networks - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.