IT Manager – Olthuis Kleer Townshend LLP
Optimum Talent is thrilled and honoured to be Partnering with Olthuis Kleer Townshend LLP (OKT). OKT is a team of lawyers who have been advocating for Indigenous communities for decades. With offices located in Toronto and Yellowknife, OKT has developed into a full-service firm. As a leading firm, they have grown alongside the communities they serve.
With a mission to continue supporting and serving their clients, OKT has grown in size and service scope over the last few years. These are incredibly exciting times for this firm, who not only live the foundations of their values for their clients but also for each other. Due to their growth and expertise, the firm now finds itself preparing to develop more operational rigor within the corporate operations of the organization.
|Job Title:||IT Manager|
|Reports to:||Director of Finance and Operations|
OKT LLP is currently seeking an IT Manager to join their growing practice located in the Toronto office. This role will report into the Director of Finance & Operations, working closely with the Director of Human Resources as well as supporting the firm. The IT Manager will help define, plan, update, and implement OKT’s IT objectives to support the firm’s overall objectives and strategies in areas such as growth, process improvement and digitalization.
- Manage OKT’s technology portfolio (hardware + software) and lead new implementation initiatives to meet internal and external objectives
- Liaise with and manage relationships with all 3rd party providers to ensure adequate support across the firm in two offices – Toronto and Yellowknife
- Develop and implement digitalization plan for the firm along with leading the technology foundation
- Oversee all aspects of project management – from project definition to managing the project plan to coordinating employee training – to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- Define KPI metrics to control budgets and benchmark against performance objectives and report performance status
- Manage and maintain stability within the IT environment while also ensuring ongoing optimization and taking advantage of performance improvements
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance
- Audit and improve firm IT infrastructure and security to mitigate risk
- Implement systems and organization controls as may be required
- Stay apprised of emerging trends relating to law firm technology and make recommendations to improve efficiency and value for OKT’s clients
- Strategically evaluate and implement new technologies that drive benefits for lawyers and clients in both performance and security
- Deliver first level IT support across the firm to individuals with varying technical comfort and capabilities
- Develop proposals for and implement firm-wide security and use policies
- Manage social media accounts, document management system, intranet, etc. based on input from the Director of Finance & Operations and the social media committee
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in a relevant field required
- Current accreditations and certifications in ITIL and Project Management preferred
- Minimum 5 years of progressive ICT experience in Infrastructure / Networking / Software Development and IT Support environment
- Demonstrated experience with performance management and KPI’s, monitoring results, and establishing actions to improve IT delivery
- Excellent project management and change management skills
- Service driven mindset, able to support staff with varying technical capabilities
- High problem solving capabilities
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and written
- High attention to detail, able to triage whilst displaying patience
- Experience with tech implementations (preferably with document management, accounting, practice management)
- Experience managing cloud and SaaS environments
- Familiarity with the Mac environment an asset
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
As a law firm OKT LLP is dedicated to advancing justice for Indigenous peoples. The firm serves Indigenous governments, organizations and individuals in a variety of practice areas, including Aboriginal and treaty rights litigation and negotiation, corporate law for Indigenous businesses (including acquisitions, financing, corporate governance, and renewable energy), labour and employment law, child welfare and Indigenous governance work, environmental and cultural protection, as well as representation at inquests and various tribunals.
More information about the firm and its practice areas can be found at http://www.oktlaw.com
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A022821 IT Manager – Olthuis Kleer Townshend LLP - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.