Information Systems Specialist
Our client is an Alberta based organization, that has been in business for a number of years building a strong reputation in the community.
|Job Title:||Information Systems Specialist|
|Location:||Edmonton, Alberta or Calgary, Alberta|
A key member of the information systems team, the Information Systems Specialist (“ISS”) will be responsible for providing both technical and governance guidance. The successful candidate will play a key role in the development and execution of long-term plans and strategic goals. The ISS will be responsible for the development and presenting of information system reports to a non-technical executive audience.
- Reviews and updates the information security strategy, roadmap, standards, and governance plans;
- Recommends and manages operational policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with applicable security laws, regulations, and privacy legislation; and
- Assesses controls, framework, processes, and capabilities for effectiveness then ensure tactical plans reflect the required enhancements;
- Track tactical plans and ensure deadlines are being met.
Information Systems Leadership:
- Responsible for the information system procedures, processes, documentation, and deliverables including reporting, incident response, analysis, and investigation of security incidents;
- Drives the technical architecture and implementations of solutions and provide technical leadership and strategic direction for security functions;
- Ensures all system solutions have lifecycle, patching, and operational plans (and are followed);
- Assess systems to ensure patching and security standards are in being properly implemented;
- Monitor and assess the environment for risks, intrusions, and potential gaps in the design to ensure operational systems are effective;
- Provide Cyber Security risk assessments ensure standards are met;
- Ensure that the business is enabled while providing quick and reasonable responses to address any risks;
- Operate security systems, including, intrusion detection systems, web access and messaging gateway filters, endpoint protection software, PKI, etc.; and
- Interpret network activity for potential threats and make recommendations to mitigate risks:
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Manage team resources to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner:
- Provide in-depth knowledge of common systems, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures;
- Serve as technical resource within Information Systems projects; and
- Attention to detail and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities is a must.
- Committed to innovation and being best in class providing exceptional information systems service for the organization;
- Opportunity to experiment with new technologies and determining what ones will best support the organization; and
- Exceptional culture that is supportive, collaborative with common goals and a team built with high achievers.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization in its entirety;
- Work with the Director to create a 30 – 60 – 90 day plan for outlining department expectations;
- Explore current third-party tools that are being used and identify the offerings that they have to enhance current information systems; and
- Create a monthly reporting structure that can be shared with a non-technical executive audience, sharing an overview of achievements and upcoming priorities.
- Two Year Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field;
- Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
- A minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in the technology field and leading a department;
- Experience performing risk assessments, current state analysis and develop GAP analysis to create reasonable and actionable plans;
- Experience understanding and relevant experience with the common Cyber Security Frameworks; and
- Must have experience with several of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- M365 Security products
- Networking solutions (Cisco, VMware NSX and security toolsets)
- SIEM, Network AI
- NGFW / distributed networking
- VPN, SDWAN, and encryption infrastructure (ex: PKI, CA, etc.)
- Azure Active Directory
- Authentication services (ex: 2FA, SAML, Radius)
Competencies and Attributes
- Analytical: Approaches issues in a systematic manner, leveraging insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies.
- Communications: Communicates effectively with non-technical professionals when delivering complex technical information. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willingness to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Critical Thinking: Makes strong decisions using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Decision Quality: Good decisions are based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Making quality decisions while working in an environment where ambiguity and uncertainty are the norm.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for the organization.
- Flexible: Pays attention to the circumstance and adjusts accordingly. Demonstrates ability to nimble and responsive to external factors impacting business success.
- Innovative: Drives the IT portfolio forward, keeping up to date with system trends. Brings a creative approach to solving problems and out of box thinking.
- Project Management: Delivers excellence and creates a culture of accountability with respect to project delivery. Oversees the design, development and implementation of new technology and processes.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting goals and objectives, and integrates planning efforts across functions.
- Solutions Oriented: Drives to results. Motivated to accomplish tasks to achieve project milestones. Faces challenges as opportunities and inspires same in others.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANTB-376817 Information Systems Specialist - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.