Human Resources Manager – Synergy Group of Companies
Synergy Group of Companies provides complete building solutions. We are driven to provide our clients simplicity in all their commercial construction, build out, and facility maintenance needs. Our integration model provides not only diversification, but an interdependent organization where each business strategically performs on its own but bringing them together creates a definite competitive edge for our customer and the Synergy Group of Companies.
A full-service construction firm specializing in delivering commercial projects through general construction, design build and construction management. We take great pride in delivering projects, small or large, across all market segments in the commercial building industry.
As a DIRTT Partner, we provide pre-construction services, design support, project planning, budgeting, logistics, management and on-going services using the ICE Technology and multiple VR and AR tools. As a Knoll dealer, we provide furniture education and support to designers, general contractors and owners.
Skilled commercial craftsmen with mobile workshops that provide peace of mind when it comes to maintaining your facility and assets. Synero was started to answer the growing demands for commercial “handymen” and to help our clients maintain their buildings after they are built.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: President, Synergy Group of Companies
Location: St. Albert
As a new role to Synergy Group, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for developing the overall human resources function to positively influence the people and culture of the organization. This will be a hands-on role, leading the human resources development and implementation initiative. Responsible for supporting both corporate staff and contractors, the successful candidate will be a client-focused individual with demonstrated leadership capabilities and a proactive approach to human resources.
Reporting to the Synergy Group President, the Human Resources Manager will be an active participant in senior management meetings and discussions, providing HR expertise and proactively supporting business decisions.
This position will offer a variety of activities with the opportunity to evolve core activities in recruitment and retention, employee engagement and communication, training and career development, people planning, and employee relations. This role will also support the leadership team with overall change management and organizational effectiveness. As a leader within both human resources and the organization, the Human Resources Manager will exemplify company values in all situations.
- Lead the overall Human Resource strategies for the organization in alignment with the overall Synergy Group corporate strategies in support of organizational goals;
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the human resources function;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for recruitment and selection, training and development, organizational design, compensation and benefits, people planning, employee relations, and performance management;
- Participate in senior management meetings and discussions providing HR expertise and support;
- Manage organizational change;
- Be a ‘safe space’ for staff to discuss grievances;
- Demonstrate ability to use data and statistics to measure key HR metrics to support growth and business goals; and
- Identify opportunities for improving and evolving HR as a strategic business partner, including future potential HR team development as required.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Make noticeable progress in the development of an overall corporate human resources framework;
- Review and update HR policies;
- Build solid, trusting relationships with all levels of management and employee groups within the Synergy Group of Companies;
- Build out consistent compensation structures and policies across businesses; and
- Develop and manage recruitment initiatives and standardize the entire onboarding process across the Synergy Group of companies.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Experience
- A university degree, preferably with a major in Human Resources (an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered);
- CHRP designation is an asset;
- minimum 5 years of progressive HR generalist experience;
- 2 years’ minimum of management experience in a medium sized business environment;
- Working experience in a commercial construction environment or similar industrial setting is an asset;
- a clear track record of developing and implementing core human resource functions and systems; and
- experience in dealing with a variety of personnel levels within an organization.
Competencies and Attributes
- From a human resources perspective, have the operational ability to implement tactical changes and influence business strategies;
- A forward thinker – someone who can look at the bigger picture and be proactive in planning;
- Experience managing internal communications;
- Familiarity with HR legislation across Canada and in the US would be considered an asset;
- Exceptional oral, listening and written communication skills to engage effectively with all levels within the organization;
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, and constant change, while also motivating people through times of change;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Ability to promote career development;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees;
- Solid business acumen;
- Clear standards of personal integrity, business ethics and values;
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships;
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team and independently; and
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A009405 (AYAJ-480062) Human Resources Manager – Synergy Group of Companies - AB (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.