Human Resources Manager – Blissco Cannabis Corp.
Blissco Cannabis Corp. (CSE: BLIS) (OTCQB: HSTRF) (FRA: GQ4B) is a Canadian wellness cannabis brand based in Langley, British Columbia and a multi-licensed processor, cultivator, and distributor of premium cannabis. Blissco owns and operates an 18,000 square foot, state-of-the-art extraction, processing and cultivation facility located in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia. Blissco is supplying premium cannabis and Reserve whole flower and dried flower pre-rolls to the Canadian market with supply agreements in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and New Brunswick. In support of Blissco’s global distribution strategy, the company has initiated its EU GMP certification process and has completed its first inspection by German authorities.
In May of 2019, Blissco was acquired by Supreme Cannabis. The acquisition will allow shareholders will benefit from the combined expertise of both companies in growing premium cannabis brands, producing and procuring high-quality inputs, commercializing new products, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Blissco offers conscious plant derived health carefree-from the long-term effects of toxins.
This choice is as gentle on you as it is on the Earth – Pure, Safe and Whole. A choice where
nature’s intuitive and abundant healing qualities are elevated through science and safety. We partner with medical experts, naturopaths, and passionate green thumbs to support you on your wellness path. Blissco is committed to sourcing packaging for our cannabis products that is the least harmful to our environment.
Learn more at www.Blissco.com
Below is an interview with Nav Dhaliwal, CEO of Supreme, parent company to Blissco;
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Vice President Human Resources (Toronto)
Direct Reports: 1
Location: Langley, British Colombia
THE MANDATEReporting to the Vice President, Human Resources (“VP HR”) of Supreme Cannabis Company, located in Toronto, the Human Resources Manager (“HR Manager”) is responsible for all day to day HR operations and strategy at Blissco.
The HR Manager is a key member of the senior leadership team, demonstrating a solid understanding of the business needs and challenges while translating the needs and priorities into action. The ability to work autonomously with little direct supervision will be crucial for this role.
- Lead all facets of Blissco’s human resources function including employee relations; legislative compliance, performance management; human resources policies and guidelines; employment lifecycle; compensation & benefits; training and professional development that promote culture & employee engagement and change management principles
- Monitor leading trends and practices in data governance and act as HR’s subject matter expert for Blissco
- Ensures that all HR programs, policies and processes are implemented in a manner that supports the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Provides input into talent management programs
- Conducts training on HR topics as needed for managers and employees
- Leverage knowledge of HR data to drive initiatives to address key HR issues and challenges
Employee Relations – provided directly and through the HR Team
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders
- Conducts training on HR topics as needed for managers and employees
- Provide reporting and analytics to the business as required
- Ensure documentation and management of standard operating procedures is maintained
- Provide resolution of critical issues with respect to employee relations while always referencing legislation and Blissco’s policies and guidelines
- Partner with Managers to diagnose HR issues and recommend specific HR solutions to drive desired organizational changes
- Maintain HR Policies and Procedures. Review and recommend improvements
- Governance and compliance for the HR team and HR related policies
- Ensures the organization is receiving the appropriate reporting
- Identify and implement best practices to support business growth
People and Culture
- Lead and mentors the HR team and foster a high-performance team environment
- Ensure that all HR programs, policies and processes are implemented in a manner that supports the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Coach and delegate but, also act as a hands-on manager when the workload requires it
- Create an engaging environment for the team and coach other Managers to do the same
- Join an organization that is well positioned in an emerging National industry with significant growth potential
- Be part of an inclusive culture with a dedicated and engaging senior leadership team that fosters innovation and creativity
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Establish necessary relationships with managers, building credibility and continuing to earn buy-in from the business
- Build on HR programs and processes in order to strengthen employee engagement and retention
- Assess and diagnose root cause issues and develop relevant solutions to address identified issues, themes and/or gaps, and partner with key resources (internally and externally) to deliver highly effective solutions which directly support and drive necessary business outcomes
- Elevate key deliverables based on understanding front-line challenges
- Support the development and implement the HR Strategy which aligns with the overall business goals and objectives
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree or diploma in Human Resources management.
- A CHRP, CHRL or CHRE designation preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of frontline HR experience.
- Sound knowledge of human resources best practices and relevant legislation
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple, competing priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to stay on top of labour-market trends.
- Experience in building strong and lasting internal and external relationships by working collaboratively in a stakeholder environment with the ability to investigate and analyze information methodically and draw well-informed conclusions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a new and diverse industry.
- Ability to organize and prioritize initiatives, balance multiple and constantly changing needs and schedules.
Competencies and Attributes
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS system and Finance/Payroll experience are assets
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A015757 (AIJE-658585) Human Resources Manager – Blissco Cannabis Corp. - BC - Vancouver and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.