Human Resources Executive Assistant – Canadian Western Bank
Canadian Western Bank (CWB) provides expert advice and specialized financial services for business banking, personal banking and wealth management. Since 1984, they have grown from a single branch operating in Edmonton, Alberta to a western-based, federally regulated financial institution with a national presence.
Their relationship-based approach means that their people know their clients, the industries, and they ask the right questions to provide the right financial solutions. Through their network of branches, offices and mobile relationship teams in more than 50 communities across Canada, they are helping their clients grow their businesses, manage their money and realize their financial potential.
Canadian Western Bank, strives to build value for their people, their clients and their investors. They do this by holding true to the values that guide them. CWB puts people first and builds relationships with intention. They seek out and embrace new ideas, knowing that better is always possible. They know that how they do things is as important as what is done. And they harness the power of inclusion.
For more information on CWB, please visit their website: www.cwb.com
|Job Title:||Human Resources Executive Assistant|
|Reports to:||Executive Vice President, HR & Corporate Communications; and Senior Vice President, HR|
The Human Resources Executive Assistant (HR EA), will provide exceptional administrative support to the Executive Vice President, HR & Corporate Communications (EVP) as well as the Senior Vice President, HR (SVP). Providing ad hoc administrative and coordination support to the Senior AVP, Communications & Culture will also be required on occasion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, continuously being proactive and forward-looking in preparation, prioritization and management of meetings and other time-sensitive deliverables. The HR EA will manage multiple competing priorities, act with a sense of urgency and maintain a high level of accountability in a professional environment.
- Act as a point of contact between the EVP and/or the SVP and members of the HR team, business leaders, as well as other internal and external stakeholders;
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and senior leaders across the organization;
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner;
- Work with senior leaders and other stakeholders to draft, format, proofread and finalize a wide variety of executive communications including but not limited to:
- Employee communications;
- Board reports and presentations; and
- Other documents;
- Ensure timely processing and tracking of invoices and expense reports;
- Manage and coordinate internal and external meetings including all logistics, dissemination of materials, taking minutes and providing general support during meetings/events;
- Provide administrative support to, and participate in, committees, task forces and project teams as required;
- Provide research and analytical support for initiatives as required;
- Maintain integrity and consistency of the internal brand(s) across communication materials and vehicles. Proofreading and editing as required; and
- Organize and maintain basic filing system.
- Canadian Western Bank is a growing company that puts people first;
- Rated one of the Best Workplaces in Canada in 2020; and
- Waterstone Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2020, their employees say: we’re proactive, collaborative, trustworthy, proud and welcoming.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Establish oneself as a trusted, reliable and consistent resource and is flexible between the three executives that they support;
- Flawless execution of e-mail and calendar management, reviewing and responding to routine correspondence and inquiries, expense payment & management and travel arrangements;
- Trusted ally to the HR leadership team and maintains confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism when interacting with employees, management and various external stakeholders;
- Exercises judgment to navigate inquiries and requests, to balance commitments and schedules for leaders; and
- Demonstrates a passion for role and putting people first.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary administrative/management courses; and
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) would be an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior administrative function supporting executive or senior leadership;
- Experience in financial services or HR would be an asset:
- Experience preparing Board reports on a quarterly basis;
- Experience preparing employee communications;
- Highly proficient computer skills with advanced functionality in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; and
- Experience in the financial services industry would be an asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Extremely strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Well-developed written communication skills with experience in writing and formatting presentations, briefings, reporting, and other documents for high level executives.
- Skilled communicator with solid stakeholder management skills and the ability to positively interact with employees and leaders at all levels with poise and professionalism.
- Action-oriented with extremely strong initiative and a demonstrated ability to coordinate and drive multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Detail oriented with effective research and analytical skills.
- Team player with a positive learning orientation.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to deal with change and be solution oriented. Can diffuse a situation and quickly find an alternative solution.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AAHR-710184 Human Resources Executive Assistant – Canadian Western Bank - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.