Head/Vice-President of Human Resources | Hawkesbury & District General Hospital
The Hawkesbury and District General Hospital (HGH) is a community hospital located in Eastern Ontario, between Ottawa and Montréal. HGH has recently expanded and transformed into a full-service regional hospital through a $200 million redevelopment project featuring state-of-the-art infrastructure, equipment and technology.
Over the next few years, the hospital’s requirements in talent and leadership will continue to be demanding, will need to evolve, and will require a proactive, strategic approach to all facets of HR including recruitment, performance management, job and organizational design, succession planning, talent management and employee relations. To this end, the Head/Vice-President of Human Resources will create, articulate and execute a vision for the Human resources strategy of the hospital and will drive initiatives to support the hospital’s mission, identifying key opportunities and challenges that lead to a set of aligned priorities and goals for the HR team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head/Vice-President of Human Resources will be a member of the leadership team as well as a strategic and trusted hospital partner to the staff, volunteers, and stakeholders. This HR leader will translate HR strategy into best practices and People programs that support the hospital’s operations in scope and scale. This leader will drive the continued shaping and scaling of the culture and build upon existing People processes and programs, including all aspects of talent acquisition, total rewards, talent development and succession planning.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to CEO, leadership team, staff and senior stakeholders on complex and controversial issues, and for all strategic initiatives as they relate to Human Resources.
- Be a trusted advisor on all human resources related matters ensuring that the hospital has the talent, programs, processes, systems and commitment necessary to meet patient needs, and to grow and evolve into its new facilities and stature in the community.
- Gather and analyze information and develop recommendations for the hospital leaders and staff regarding the assessment of their human resources, particularly around talent needs, performance, potential and suitability for future roles.
- Ensure that the hospital has appropriate HR plans, processes, and technologies in place to help drive and achieve desired behaviors that are aligned with the CEO’s strategy.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in a pertinent discipline with a Master’s degree or a Certified Human Resources professional designation would be ideal.
- Minimum of 10 years in Human resources management (health care, private or other)
Competencies and Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of human resources best practices and relevant legislation. Experience working with best practices in talent acquisition, talent retention and leadership development is required
- Strong business acumen and agility – capable of service as an executive in a fast paced, 24/7 healthcare environment
- Proven achievements in leading an organizational transformation/culture change initiative on a significant scale
- Proven experience translating organizations’ corporate strategy into effective HR programs that drive improvements and support growth, able to translate complex information into simple, actionable strategies
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels, capacity to influence change and impact decision-making within the senior leadership Team
- Capacity for analysis and strategic thinking. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Committed leadership, with the ability to rally, and mobilize people while promoting teamwork and consensus building
- Proven ability in developing systems and practices to both identify key performers and action development plans towards continued career growth
- Ability to plan and manage at a strategic and operational level
- Fluently bilingual in English and French, both oral and written.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: HRCCCanada.GBS.TorontoES@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ADNR-151402 Head/Vice-President of Human Resources | Hawkesbury & District General Hospital - HawkesburyON (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.