Head of Information Technology – MUFG Bank Ltd.
MUFG Bank ranks as one of the world’s largest financial groups, with locations in more than 50 countries globally, $2.7 Trillion in Assets and 360+ years’ of rich history.
MUFG has been providing global banking solutions in Canada for more than 60 years. That long-term commitment is an important part of the bank’s culture and the values that are important to it.
Headquartered in Toronto, with offices in Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, MUFG Bank Canada and its affiliates offer Canadian and international clients a full range of wholesale corporate banking services. Its global network and extensive expertise in Asia provide a unique competitive advantage to MUFG Bank Canada. With cultural values that run deep, building lasting client relationship and operating with integrity are at the core of what MUFG does.
Job Title: Head of Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Information and Operations Officer
Direct Reports: Manager
Indirect Reports: 6 Direct Reports (plus a team of 15 External Consultants)
Location: Toronto, ON
- Strategizes, assesses and enacts plans to realize MUFG’s global, regional and local vision to affect cultural changes, cost-savings, interdepartmental efficiencies, implement agility and scalability and to champion MUFG growth and interests while increasing visibility, respecting cultural differences and building rapport/relationships throughout the Americas and Head Office.
- Works closely with the CIOO and all other departments to ensure the consistent delivery, maintenance and improvement of all IT services and systems.
- Implements, manages and enforces IT standards, policies and procedures and development of standard operating procedures, processes and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Oversees IT Project Management for MUFG Canada including the initiation, planning, executing, controlling and closing of projects with an emphasis on project inter-dependency management; controlling and evaluating project mitigation decisions and change recommendations to meet program delivery with required quality.
- Manages all Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 ITD staff including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline, and discharge as well as overall resource capacity to ensure feasibility to start and complete projects as planned while accounting for BAU activities.
- Responsible for IT vendor management and sourcing including cost analysis and comparison as well as overseeing central repository or all IT vendor agreements and contracts to monitor adherence to vendor term conditions, performance, licensing requirements and status.
- Executes proper IT governance and promotes continuous improvements to oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk, technical support services and introduction of new technologies, in order to support the business and ensure the safety and soundness of the branch.
- Accountable for IT Risk Management, including establishing an approach to identifying and assessing all risks, including regulatory adherence, information and cyber security threats, and actively participate in the various committees or group meetings in order to promote awareness, respond to incidents and execute the necessary remediation or mitigation.
- Serves as the Regional Business Continuity Liaison as the primary point of contact for employee safety and business continuity at MUFG Bank, Canada branch and providing a first line defense against outages and recovery and resilience through planning and coordination efforts.
- Keeps current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Notice: The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the incumbent.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area. Advanced credentials a plus
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in IT, Operations, and Project Management role within the banking/financial industry
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, project management oriented and evaluative skills with the ability to multitask, adapt to changing priorities, be decisive under ambiguity, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills, particularly in leading by influence both internally and externally
- Proven performance management, service-oriented and mentoring abilities to ensure effective growth plans of MUFG Canada’s technology team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the sound ability to convey complex technical topics in easy to understand language terms, as well as the ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally
- Aptitude and interest to quickly learn new and emerging technologies and how to safely integrate with existing or legacy technologies
- A strong technical background with extensive experience in IT and having managed IT teams and superior customer service skills
- Minimum: Degree in IT or other business-related field. MBA or Master’s Degree is an asset and ITIL/PMP certifications highly preferred
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A014849 (ARFB-111867) Head of Information Technology – MUFG Bank Ltd. - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.