General Manager – Whitebark Energy Limited
Whitebark Energy Limited (“WBE”) is an Australia based company with production and exploration assets In Canada and Australia. The company has been active in Canada since 2010 and expanded activities in May 2017 via its subsidiaries Salt Bush Energy (SBE) and Ironbark Energy. Currently the subsidiaries are engaged in a very active program involving multiple wells and facilities in the Wizard Lake area and other producing property acquisitions.
A 3-6 well drilling program is expected for 2020. WBE’s aim for Canada is to significantly grow production while improving operating margins through deploying prudent, safe management practices.
In Western Australia, through wholly owned subsidiary Latent Petroleum, Whitebark holds a 100% interest in the undeveloped Warro Gas Project, about 200km north of Perth.
For further information about Whitebark Energy Limited, please visit its website at: https://www.whitebarkenergy.com/about-whitebark/company-overview/
Job Title: General Manager, Canada
Reports to: Managing Director, WBE Perth
Direct Reports: Land Manager, Administration, Engineering & Operations Manager, Geoscience Manager, Canadian Finance Manager
Location: Calgary, Canada
Reporting to the Managing Director who is based in Perth, the General Manager will be responsible for all Canadian activities and lead the Canadian team in the design and implementation of the company’s Canadian growth strategy and associated work programs and budgets.
The successful candidate will ensure constant, effective communication is maintained between the head office in Perth and the Canadian office and key personnel. As WBE wishes to grow its business activities, an important aspect will be to identify new business opportunities and encourage the technical teams to not only manage operations effectively but identify suitable growth opportunities.
Engineering, Operations, Business Development
- Prepare operating budget while monitoring and tracking costs to ensure they are within budget
- Responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of drilling, completions and workover operations
- Ensure operations are performed in a technically sound manner and that the capital costs are minimized and performed within budget
- Ensure all approvals are always in place, facilities operate optimally and that production programs are adhered to
- Support the company’s acquisition strategy through networking, identification and evaluation of potential property acquisitions
- Develop and lead a high performing team that align with the company’s operational and growth requirements
- Work within a team environment with Perth staff to develop ways to maximize the asset value of WBE’s properties
- Foster and encourage positive working relationships between Canadian staff and Perth counterparts
- Manage all contracts related to the company
Accounting, Finance and Administrative
- Full P& L responsibility for Canadian operations
- Develop and track regional budgets (G&A, Opex and Capex) and maintain corporate cashflow model
- Ensure all appropriate reporting processes (engineering and finance) are executed and communicated in a timely manner
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of appropriate contracts, policies and procedures for Finance and Accounting, Audit and Insurance requirements
Public and Government Relations and Compliance
- Maintain constant lines of communication and a good working relationship with government bodies and the municipal stakeholders to reflect WBE in a positive light
- Ensure WBE remains compliant with all applicable regulations
ATTRACTIONS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Play the lead role in planning, developing, directing and controlling the overall activities required for effective and efficient operations which support the attainment of the company’s Canadian business objectives
- Play a key lead role in building a Canadian company of substance through development activities, sound operations management and appropriate acquisitions of brownfield and greenfield assets
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with both Calgary and Perth teams in the development of long-term operational and capital strategies
- Successfully build the appropriate recruitment strategies that will support the goal of increased production from 500 boe/d to 2000 boe/d by the end of year 2020
- Ensure safety standards, policies and procedures are strictly adhered to
- Competently support and manage the integration process of a pending acquisition
- Drive operational efficiencies and maintain cost control in execution and optimization of capital programs – achieve approved Budget objectives in a timely manner
- Motivate the office and field-based teams to excel
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related discipline
- International experience or have worked for an international oil and gas company
- Minimum of 10 years in a leadership role, with enough runway left to devote time and energy into the company mandate
- Demonstrated ability to manage mixed discipline field-based and office-based teams
- Familiarity with the operational requirements of advanced oil field technology
- Must have a strong understanding of the regulatory framework
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent and proactive, verbal and written communication skills combined with a personable demeanor and collegial approach to business
- Hand’s on, roll up the sleeve’s leadership style and approach
- Entrepreneurial, growth minded and self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and energy, coupled with a strong work ethic and genuine pride in work
- Ability to manage a strong team while taking direction from the parent company
- Acumen in technical and business aspects of the industry combined with a willingness to debate, challenge and listen to others; be open to different views and perspectives to arrive at the best decision and solutions
- Goal-oriented and a demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data, ability to develop a plan/ strategy to move the organization forward
- Keen perception about oil and gas industry trends as well as macro-economic factors affecting the oil and gas industry
- Strong financial skills, organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined approach to delivering targets on time.
- Familiarity with usual business computing software (excel etc) and a knowledge of the technical packages available to technical professionals
- High standards of ethics and a focus on safety and the environment
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AUTV-452585 General Manager – Whitebark Energy Limited - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.