General Manager, Sales, Marketing & Retirement Living – ATL Senior Living
ATL Senior Living specializes in the development and operation of senior communities in B.C., with their current projects located in Maple Ridge, Powell River, Chilliwack, Lillooet and Surrey. ATL’s vision is to emerge as a leader of Canada’s senior living industry and fulfill the mission of “improving the well-being of the people they serve by promoting community, dignity and independence through the aging process”.
To improve the well-being of the seniors in our communities through dignity and independence in order to help them achieve a better quality of life.
To become a leader of Canada’s senior housing industry through a combination of knowledge-based healthcare practices, world class services, and wholehearted dedication
For more information please visit ATL’s website at: https://atlseniorliving.com/en/
Job Title: General Manager- Sales, Marketing & Retirement Living
Reports to: President
Direct Reports: 6 (Lifestyles Manager, Maintenance Manager, Business/Payroll Manager, Food Service Manager, Support Services Manager, Wellness Manager
Location: Burnaby & Surrey, BC.
The position of the General Manager is established for the purpose of providing direction and coordination in pre-sale/pre-lease, planning, development, implementation, opening, evaluation and improvement of Camellia Residences programs and budget, stakeholder management, business development, supply chain management, talent management and more. The position reports to the President.
The successful candidate will have experience in building a senior home or hospitality site from scratch starting from the development stage, to marketing, to opening. The General Manager should have thorough knowledge of sales, marketing, business development and have experience exceeding sales goals and building relationships with the community.
Pre-Opening Stage – Sales & Marketing
- Develop relationships with the community through networking sessions, events and outreach to bring potential clients to the Sales Center.
- Develop a Sales & Marketing plan, including advertising, public relations and ways to increase sales.
- Lead our sales team to ensure that sales goals are met.
- Close deals, specifically direct clients to our Sales Center.
Pre-Opening Stage – Operations
- Develop and plan all residents’ activities upon opening.
- Prepare and control annual budget.
- Plan and/or delegate work assignments assuring effective scheduling on a 24-hour basis.
- Work with various departments to on-board new staff and conduct orientations.
- Responsible for public relations, media relations and sales to attract new residents to ensure maximum capacity.
- Hire and train staff prior to move-in.
- Direct and participate in all pre-move-in resident assessment to ensure that the environment is appropriate to prevent potential risks. Work with other departments to determine resident care plans.
- Support community’s programs to encourage resident independence, well-being and opportunity for healthy lifestyle.
- Monitor on a regular basis, key measurable indicators of daily operations.
- Help develop and/or select in-service training and ongoing training of staff in order to provide high quality services consistent with the mission and vision of ATL and Camellia Residences.
- Responsible to implement risk and incident management to ensure the safety, security and health of all individuals according to corporate guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Facilitate and encourage family involvement with residents.
- Manage overall employee’s life cycle in compliance with applicable labour regulations.
- Perform stakeholder management and capable of leading 3rd party service providers to deliver ultimate results.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a 3-year sales & marketing plan to reach 95% occupancy.
- Recruit sales and marketing support team.
- Work with corporate services to develop a recruitment plan for community positions.
- Achieve 40% occupancy rate upon Grand Opening and 65% within one year.
- Develop resident satisfaction performance metrics to ensure the highest standards are met.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant discipline
- Education in Nursing, Social Services, or advanced healthcare leadership management is preferred.
- Hospitality experience is mandatory.
- Must have experience opening a hospitality resort or senior community from the ground up.
- Minimum 5 Years sales, marketing & organizational leadership experience.
- Basic accounting and budgeting experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project).
- General understanding of electronic care systems (such as e-Mar).
- Experience with CRM (Lasso or Yardi) a major plus.
- Knowledge of senior living and medical care.
- Basic Geriatric knowledge is an asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate communicate and collaborate with various stakeholder groups.
- Ability to create strategies aligned with organizational plans and execute to deliver on measurable objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop leaders, mentor their growth and ensure development is ongoing.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen.
- Superior oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Work with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of residents, including weekend and holiday coverage as required.
- Work with data utilizing defined but various processes.
- Identify issues and create action plans.
- Risk management and mitigate problems.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AVVF-623858 General Manager, Sales, Marketing & Retirement Living – ATL Senior Living - BC - Burnaby & Surrey (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.