General Manager, Sales – Central Region
Our client is the preeminent and most recognized leader in the B2B distribution of goods within their industry. The brand is synonymous with trust and professionalism.
This position is a true executive role within the organization. The GM, Sales Central Region will be the executive sales leader and responsible for driving growth within the Central Region along with enhancing client loyalty and customer experience.
Working closely with the Sales Manager(s), Territory Sales Managers, and Specialized Sales teams, you will plan and implement specific sales development initiatives; lead regional sales development efforts while overseeing the implementation of sales tools, processes and systems; and recruit, motivate, develop and coach your Sales Manager(s) in a manner that will foster superb customer experience and surpassing of objectives. You will have a team of 37 through 6-7 direct reports.
- Drive transformation to the sales operations with the ability to execute
- Develop strategy to attract and retain the top talent needed now and into the future
- Working closely with Sales Manager, Territory Sales Managers and Specialized Sales teams on the planning and implementation of specific sales development initiatives
- Lead regional sales development efforts and oversee the implementation of sales tools, sales processes and sales development systems (including prospecting for large clients)
- Recruit, motivate, develop and coach your Sales Manager(s) in order for them to offer a stellar customer experience that will foster the achievement and surpassing of our sales objectives
- Act as the leader in the region for sales leadership development initiatives
- Ensure effective communication with all personnel, with suppliers and customers and with Regional Management
- Brand recognition
- Long-standing history within the industry
- Beautiful, renovated office
- Robust and well-executed sales and marketing collateral
- Diverse and large toolbox
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years’ distribution experience
- 5+ years’ sales management experience
- Has held ultimate responsibility for a sizeable sales geography / territory
Competencies and Attributes
- High degree of business acumen
- True leadership abilities – ability to execute, empower, engage and mentor
- Strong sales leader who can lead/coach leaders
- Doesn’t get derailed in minutia
- Sophisticated and articulate
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AWWP-563880 General Manager, Sales – Central Region - ON - Cambridge / Greater Toronto Area West (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.