General Manager – Boyts Ltd.
Boyts Ltd. is an independently owned department store in Fairview, AB which operates under the Home Hardware group.
For further information about Boyts Ltd., please visit their website at www.homehardware.ca/en/dealer-microsites/5305-3/contact-information.htm
Reports to: Owner/Manager
Location: Fairview, AB
Based in Fairview, AB the General Manager is responsible for leading and directing the day-to-day operations. This role is suited for a self-motivated and successful team builder who can develop an effective work team. The successful candidate will exhibit a proactive manner that is supported by sound decision making and excellent problem-solving skills.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding of the products and services offered by Boyts Ltd;
- Supervise the implementation of plans, strategies, programs, campaigns, community sponsorships and other events designed to promote Boyts Ltd as an entity;
- Act as the representative, and face of, Boyts Ltd. in the dedicated marketplace;
- Working with customers in order to meet their objectives and requirements;
- Set good examples for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude, hygiene and work ethic;
- Review operations for process improvement and best practice;
- Develop and supervise staff to achieve high levels of performance and exceptional customer service; and
- Participate in the recruitment and scheduling of employees to ensure viable staff levels for day-to-day operations.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Utilize excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships while effectively leading a team;
- Influence and improve operations where needed;
- Foster and environment of trust and commitment;
- Foster a dedicated, committed team that is results driven towards ensuring sales and profit targets are achieved; and
- Provide uncompromising service to customers through excellent leadership, visibility and communication.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent in business or a related discipline would be considered an asset.
- Proven leadership experience in a retail environment with preference given to those with department or hardware store experience;
- Keen understanding of competition;
- Proven ability to be effective in a variety of settings; and
- Proven experience in developing and managing a staffing team.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience building strong, cohesive teams by inciting enthusiasm, creating alignment and positive morale by leading by example;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly gain the trust and confidence of others; and
- An innovative and decisive professional who possesses a positive, down to earth demeanor.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AVEM-558348 General Manager – Boyts Ltd. - AB (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.