General Manager – Blissco Cannabis Corp.
Blissco Cannabis Corp. (CSE: BLIS) (OTCQB: HSTRF) (FRA: GQ4B) is a Canadian wellness cannabis brand based in Langley, British Columbia and a multi-licensed processor, cultivator, and distributor of premium cannabis. Blissco owns and operates an 18,000 square foot, state-of-the-art extraction, processing and cultivation facility located in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia. Blissco is supplying premium cannabis and Reserve whole flower and dried flower pre-rolls to the Canadian market with supply agreements in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and New Brunswick. In support of Blissco’s global distribution strategy, the company has initiated its EU GMP certification process and has completed its first inspection by German authorities.
In May of 2019, Blissco was acquired by Supreme Cannabis. The acquisition will allow shareholders will benefit from the combined expertise of both companies in growing premium cannabis brands, producing and procuring high-quality inputs, commercializing new products, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Blissco offers conscious plant derived health carefree-from the long-term effects of toxins.
This choice is as gentle on you as it is on the Earth – Pure, Safe and Whole. A choice where
nature’s intuitive and abundant healing qualities are elevated through science and safety. We partner with medical experts, naturopaths, and passionate green thumbs to support you on your wellness path. Blissco is committed to sourcing packaging for our cannabis products that is the least harmful to our environment.
Learn more at www.Blissco.com
Below is an interview with Nav Dhaliwal, CEO of Supreme, parent company to Blissco;
Job Title: General Manager
Reports to: Chief Corporate Officer
Direct Reports: Quality Assurance Lead and Production Leads
Indirect Reports: 3-5
Location: Langley, British Colombia
Reporting to the Chief Corporate Officer (“CCO”) of The Blissco the General Manager (“GM”) is responsible for all day to day operations of the Blissco facility. In addition, the successful candidate will direct and coordinate the activities of all departments that are concerned with the production, pricing, sales and distribution of products.
The GM will seek to foster an environment that promotes a culture of continuous improvement and ensures that the long-term vision, mission and goal of Blissco’s are achieved.
- Provide overall leadership for the production facility, delegating accountabilities to team members and providing guidance, direction and feedback
- An inspirational leader and coach, who will build and mentor the teams to reach their potential and deliver quality products and impeccable service to the business
- Will collaborate with the team, clients and external partners to deliver highly effective and productive solutions that enable business operations and growth
- Lead the strategic planning, objective setting and measurement for production leadership and team members
- Manage stakeholder expectations and alignment to the overall business plan while managing local initiates
- Determine short and long-term resources and training needs for the extraction facility to meet objectives
- Increase production output, asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs, maintaining quality standards and optimizing results
- Manages tasks associated with daily production ensuring compliance with federal, provincial and local regulations
- Lead deviation investigations arising during the production processes, recommend and evaluate appropriate resolutions, and ensure effectiveness of the action items taken
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Lead sustainability efforts in the production facility to be lean and to reduce, reuse and recycle materials to the benefit of our environment
- Maintain external awareness and applicability of production trends, materials, techniques and technology
- Direct the company’s production activities to ensure maximum effectiveness is obtained to produce quality products within specified time and budgetary guidelines
- Join an organization that is well positioned in an emerging National industry with significant growth potential
- Be part of an inclusive culture with a dedicated and engaging senior leadership team that fosters innovation and creativity
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop and implement strategies that drive and support business growth initiatives
- Build strong relationships with the senior management team and internal stakeholders, as well as key external vendors and suppliers
- Create and execute a plan to develop and implement the processes and systems to effectively support the distribution strategy
- Evaluate and adjust team structure and composition as needed to effectively support the company’s aggressive growth plans
- Foster a dedicated, committed team that is results driven towards ensuring sales and profit targets are achieved
- Influence and improve operations where needed
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A university degree or college diploma in engineering, business administration, commerce, or other relevant discipline
- Documentation and management of standard operating procedures
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant management experience, with at least 5 at a senior leadership level managing a multi-faceted operation
- 7-10 years experience within the pharmaceutical or food industry
- Exposure to Health Canada, Food and Drug Association, or Good Manufacturing Practices considered an asset
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, listening) to engage effectively with all levels of the manufacturing operation
- Strong business acumen with excellent planning and financial management skills
Competencies and Attributes
- High level of integrity
- Detailed approach to key performance indicators
- Superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly gain trust and respect
- Energetic with a strong work ethic
- Previous experience leading an operational enhancement or improvement
- A detail and process-oriented thinker
- A decisive leader with the ability to delegate
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A015756 (AJFT-408701) General Manager – Blissco Cannabis Corp. - BC - Vancouver and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.