Job Title: Operations/Field Manager
Reports to: Western Canadian Manager
Direct Reports: 5
Indirect Reports: 50
Location: Northern Alberta
The Operations/Field Manager will lead, develop, and manage employees and supplier relations for harvesting operations, ensuring the highest quality yield. The Operations/Field Manager will also be responsible for fostering a safety focused culture. The Operations/Field Manager will be responsible for driving improvements and efficiency relating to harvesting procedures and leading preventative maintenance for the land, equipment and roads.
The Operations/Field Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Planning and scheduling all equipment and staff;
- Drives safely and follows all safety rules;
- Harvests peat moss to meet annual budget requirements;
- Develops and opens new acreage;
- Maintains fields to a high quality to maximize harvest production;
- Ensures the safe operation of all vehicles;
- Completes daily fueling and preventative maintenance tasks on vehicles and equipment;
- Prepares peat benches during harvesting;
- Maintain inventory levels on stock piles;
- Manages loading and hauling of bulk peat trucks; and
- Provide support in the shipping department by loading, unloading and storing the raw and finished materials and completion of shipping documents.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Experience
- Journeyman Status, Technical Diploma or Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction, agriculture, or peat industry;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong people leadership experience with the ability to communicate clear instructions to a diverse group of field labourers;
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating a variety of equipment and vehicles;
- Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs (occasionally repetitively);
- Mechanically inclined- must be able to solve minor equipment maintenance issues and assist the maintenance division with more major issues; an
- Must be able to work seasonal hours and overtime as required during the harvesting and production season
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AYYW-411513 Operations/Field Manager - AB (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.