Executive Vice President – Georgian Bay General Hospital
Optimum Talent is pleased to be partnering with Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH) in their search for a new Executive Vice President – Corporate Services. Located in Ontario’s historic Huronia Region on the shores of beautiful Georgian Bay, GBGH is just 90 minutes north of Toronto. This 113 bed hospital presently has two sites located in the municipalities of Midland and Penetanguishene. GBGH was established in 2008 following the voluntary integration of Huronia District Hospital and Penetanguishene General Hospital with a long history of providing medical services to the community dating back to the early 1900’s.
|Job Title:||Executive Vice President – Corporate Services|
|Reports to:||President & CEO|
|Direct Reports:||Director of Finance; Director Information Services & Support Services, Chief Human Resources Leader (CHRL), Health Records|
|Location:||Midland & Penetanguishene, ON|
The Executive Vice President – Corporate Services (EVP) is accountable to the President & CEO of Georgian Bay General Hospital. The EVP provides strategic leadership in support of the Hospital’s strategic plan, ensures the stewardship of the organization’s finances and provides operational leadership for Finance and all Corporate and Support Services. Reporting to the EVP are the Director of Finance, Director Information Systems & Support Services, Chief Human Resources Leader and Health Records. The EVP is a strategic GBGH leader who is focused on ensuring the very best outcomes for patients and their families and the overall success of the organization.
Corporate/Administrative/Support Service Operations
- The Executive Vice President Corporate Services (EVP) shall oversee and be responsible for all the hospital’s corporate operations and administrative activities, including:
- Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Support Services (Facilities, EVS, and Food Services), Decision Support, Risk Management, Health Records, Information Technology and Corporate Communications.
- The EVP will also work closely with other members of the Executive Team, the VP Patient Services/CNE and Chief of Staff on strategic project implementation and attaining optimal organizational performance.
- The EVP will oversee the strategy development process under the direction of the CEO. This involves assessing risks and opportunities for expansion, setting short and long term organizational goals and metrics, and proposing projects, systems or processes to meet the community’s acute health care needs and improving operational performance.
Hospital Finances and Resource Allocation
- The EVP is responsible for managing and reporting the hospital’s organizational finances, from resource allocation to cost management. This includes the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets in collaboration with department leaders and other executives and the planning of short and long-term cash requirements for the hospital.
Accountable to the CEO
- The EVP is directly accountable to the CEO and shall report regularly on the status of aspects of their portfolio.
Evaluate Company Policies
- The EVP shall oversee introduction, modification and monitoring of administrative policies that improve organizational performance, reduce risk and ensure regulatory compliance by following a consultative decision-making/approval process.
Second in Command
- The EVP will assume the role of acting CEO in the CEO’s absence.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of ten (10) years hospital leadership experience at a Senior Director and VP level
- A Master’s degree in one or more of the following disciplines – health care administration, business administration, or human resources
- Strong financial, analytical business skills, with preference for candidates with an accounting designation
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- A proven track record in hospital master planning, government relations and successful implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in employee, labour relations, including cultural transformation, HR processes and collective bargaining.
- Change Facilitation: the ability and willingness to learn, adaptability to new technologies, flexibility when situations change and the ability to work in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment.
- Collaboration: includes partnering, teamwork, building alliances, looking for win-win solutions and building participative processes.
- Communication: listening, choosing an appropriate medium for a message, presenting information clearly and concisely and giving and receiving feedback in an oral and written format.
- Critical Thinking: analyzing and evaluating information and situations, problem-solving, decision-making and conceptualizing.
- Organizational Acumen: understanding governance, environment, organizational culture, processes, procedures, and how decisions are made.
- Leadership: demonstrating accountability, integrity and influence, having future focus and accepting responsibilities of being a leader.
- People Management: having self-awareness, listening, giving feedback and assessing performance, understanding and valuing diversity, developing and coaching staff, effectively implementing the hiring and selection process, and preventing and resolving conflict.
- Planning: assessing complex situations, setting and monitoring performance goals, delegating, managing implementation of projects, and evaluating outcomes.
- Resource Management: understanding and managing financial, information technology, and space resources.
- Service focus: focusing on effectively providing appropriate services to identified internal and external clients.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ACPA-685510 Executive Vice President – Georgian Bay General Hospital - ON - Midland (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.