Executive Director – Our House Addiction Recovery Centre
Our House Addiction Recovery Centre is a non-profit residential addiction treatment centre for men that has been striving to combat addiction in Edmonton since 1984. Our House runs a year-long residential program for men with substance or alcohol use disorders who have completed a short-term residential treatment program. During this year, trained addictions counselors guide residents through courses designed to equip them with the tools for long-term recovery. Dedicated to reducing the effects of addiction and mental health, Our House provides services unlike any other in Alberta, with one of the longest residential treatment programs in Canada. In addition, Our House offers an effective outreach program to alumni families and others.
MISSION AND VALUES
Our House provides an environment where individuals with addiction can embark on a recovery process directed towards a meaningful, productive lifestyle. They fulfill this mission through a variety of programs, such as the residential recovery program, recovery directed programs for the community, and education initiatives in the community.
Our House Addiction recovery Centre focus their vision on the following statements:
- We envision a community where fewer people suffer from addictions
- We believe that people need a safe, healthy, and non-judgmental environment where they are respected, acknowledged, and recognized for who they are.
- We believe that, with the necessary tools, men with substance or alcohol use disorders can manage their recovery.
- We believe that healthy self-esteem is essential to recovery.
- We believe that every person’s recovery process is unique.
- We believe that everyone involved with Our House should have the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
- We believe in teamwork.
- We believe in personal and professional integrity.
For further information on Our House, please visit: https://www.ourhouseedmonton.com/
|Job Title:||Executive Director|
|Reports to:||Board of Directors|
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will provide leadership and vision to approximately 20 staff in carrying out the strategic direction of the Board and operations for Our House Addiction Recovery Centre. The successful incumbent will demonstrate and uphold a “patient centered” philosophy to ensure clients receive the compassionate attention they deserve through a standard of impactful courses and programs which are led by the Medical Director and team. This includes providing full access to equitable health and social services while embracing the diversity of the community it serves.
The ED will continue to promote a culture of equity, where everyone contributes to the greater good, and where no one profession outranks another. The ED will utilize exceptional relationship management skills to ensure the connectivity of Our House Addiction Recovery Centre with the medical team, local health care professionals, community partners and government/funding agencies to promote and enhance their level of services.
- Together with the Board, ensure the development and implementation of the strategic plan for Our House Addiction Recovery Centre within the framework of existing policies.
- Provide leadership through building and motivating a team that is committed to the mission and vision of Our House Addiction Recovery Centre including sustainability in relation to HR issues;
- Continue to maintain exceptional employee engagement & morale, and enhance the positive culture that supports Our House Addiction Recovery Centre’s strategic objectives; and
- Promote a culture of integrity and foster ethical and responsible decision making throughout Our House Addiction Recovery Centre.
- Maintain open, transparent communication with the Board;
- Act as an advisor to the Board on all aspects of the organization’s activities;
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures of Our House Addiction Recovery Centre are developed, maintained, and disclosed;
- Support and enable the effectiveness of the Board by actioning directives/decisions made at the governing level;
- Report regularly to the Board on operations, strategic plan execution, financial performance, and risk management;
- Ensure that effective and appropriate feedback mechanisms are in place with regards to Executive Director performance; and
- Carry out any other appropriate duties and responsibilities assigned or delegated by the Board.
Operational & Fiscal Leadership
- Provide general leadership and operational management of the day-to-day activities of Our House Addiction Recovery Centre, including infrastructure maintenance, occupational health and safety, procurement and supply;
- Ensure Covid protocols/policies are developed and managed ongoing, in accordance with the Government of Alberta’s pandemic policies;
- Ensure proper systems are in place to monitor and manage the occupancy rates within Our House Addiction Recovery Centre;
- Demonstrate sound fiscal management and monitor the annual budget and cash flow while continuing to work closely with partners, stakeholders, and funders to ensure stability and security of funding; and
- Ensure accurate and timely financial and budgetary reporting that align to the organization’s operational and financial policies, including statements that meet external audit requirements.
Relationships & Communications
- Build a strong peer relationship with the Medical Director and their team to ensure continuous, open lines of communication;
- In conjunction with the Board Chair, and where required, the ED will serve as the external spokesperson and principal liaison for Our House Addiction Recovery Centre, including effectively managing communications with Alberta Health Services and other key stakeholders; and
- Ensure a clear communications policy is in place that communicates Our House Addiction Recovery Centre’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan to all relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Analyze and develop a strong understanding of the internal operational processes currently in place prior to making transformation recommendations to the Board;
- Develop and implement the operational plans that are driven by, and align to the organization’s strategic plan;
- Utilize strong fiduciary acumen to gain a solid understanding of the financial and budgetary processes to ensure effective financial management and alignment to the organization’s financial policies;
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders including the Board, staff & administration, funders and community partners;
- Create a balanced scorecard to provide a detailed perspective of the organizational health of Our House;
- Manage occupancy rates to ensure necessary funding is maintained; and
- Identify and implement qualitative and quantitative process improvements while maintaining the existing culture, loyalty, and drive of the people who serve Our House Addiction Recovery Centre.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to Health, Social Sciences, or Business is preferred; and
- A post graduate degree in a relevant discipline would be considered an asset.
- Ten years’ related work experience at a senior leadership level;
- Five years’ proven success leading within a complex, multi-stakeholder environment;
- Property management/not for profit housing experience would be considered an asset;
- An understanding of financial management and experience in financial decision making is required;
- Proven experience building successful relationships with community leaders in government, industry, and not for profit sectors; and
- Strong governance knowledge and experience reporting to and working with a governing body or Board of Directors.
Competencies and Attributes
- Leads with a lens of operational excellence;
- Leads with a patient centric approach;
- Builds committed and collaborative teams through trust;
- Communicates appropriately with diverse audiences and stakeholder groups;
- Open and authentic in dealing with others;
- Candid, sincere, and possesses great integrity;
- Models positive behaviors and leads by example;
- Learns from and is respectful of others;
- Contributes and shares information for mutual success; and
- Understands and utilizes the power of developing and maintaining a trusted network of relationships, both internally & externally, in order to achieve organizational goals.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Our House Addiction Recovery Centre respectfully operates on Treaty 6 territory, a traditional gathering place for diverse Indigenous peoples including the Cree, Blackfoot, Métis, Nakota Sioux, Iroquois, Dene, Ojibway/Saulteaux/ Anishinaabe, Inuit, and many others whose histories, languages, and cultures continue to influence our vibrant community.
Our House Addiction Recovery Centre is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and Our House Addiction Recovery Centre throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ATCE-342606 Executive Director – Our House Addiction Recovery Centre - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.