Executive Director – Healthcare Supply Chain Network
The Healthcare Supply Chain Network (HSCN) was established in 2002 in response to a task force report entitled “Improving Supply Chain Management for Better Healthcare”. This National volunteer based not-for-profit was created to address the findings of this report and development an eco-system in the sector that will enable more efficient healthcare supply chain processes. These processes would reduce medical errors increasing patient safety as well as achieving millions of dollars in savings within the healthcare system.
The HSCN is providing members with networking opportunities with experts in their field, professional development programs, job postings, and documents on leading best practices in healthcare supply chain.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board Co-Chairs
Direct Reports: Administrative Assistant, Marketing Assistant and Bookkeeper
The HSCN is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization. They will be responsible for continuing to drive the mission of the organization. The mission is to provide support for healthcare stakeholders that result in improved effectiveness and efficiency, improved patient outcomes and greater alignment between supply chain partners. The Executive Director must have strong networking capabilities and be passionate about the HSCN mission in order to continue to increase membership engagement across the country. They will work very closely with the Board Members and some of the sub committees to drive initiatives for HSCN including the Conference, Finance, Professional Development and Member Engagement Committees.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading a team, however, must also be comfortable with working in an environment where the need to roll up their sleeves and get involved in many daily tasks with be required. The Executive Director will assess the operational and functional capabilities of their IT infrastructure and implement efficiencies in a thoughtful and economical fashion.
- Provide oversight to the roles of Administrative Assistant, Marketing Specialist, Project Manager(s), and Professional Development facilitators
- Drafts Board, AGM and Executive Retreat agendas and with Co-chair approval posts material appropriately; ensures secretarial support
- Manages relationships with external supports to HSCN I.e. Auditor, General Counsel, Accountant, Bank, Webmaster, Event Planners
- Manages relationships with external partners to HSCN I.e. SCMAO, SCMAC, CHeS, GS1, AQLASS, CCHL, AHRMM, C.D. Howe, Ministries of Health and Long-Term Care and Government and Consumer Services.
- Acts as appropriately as an ambassador of HSCN, promoting membership, value and relationships in keeping with the Mission, Vision and Values
- Manages contractual Ministry projects including phase reports and budget
- Provides support as required to subcommittees of the board
- Works closely with Lead, Finance Committee of Board; drafts budget for board approval and maintains financial records and ensures appropriate reporting
- Manages facilitators and corresponding material development, registration, delivery, certification and evaluations of HSCN courses, webinars, and seminars with the HSCN Professional Development Lead
- Leads and chairs annual Conference. This includes all aspects of budget, logistics, registration, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, program, and conference events and includes the management of all conference-related contracts/agreements with external support
- Leads the Board nominating process including skill set updates, internal and external process for out-reach and selection to go before AGM
- Initiates, oversees and facilitates the Call for Supply Chain Organization of the Year including subsequent decision, notification and Award ceremony for provision of the award
- Oversees the Annual Membership Drive, working closely with the Lead, Recruitment and Retention and the HSCN AA to ensure communications, processing and follow up
- Works with Advisory Lead to support special projects I.e. Branding, Website selection, Bursaries and others that arise from board decisions
- Oversees the monthly Member eNewsletter; ensuring industry appropriate articles, highlights, Events and member spotlight section
- Directs and oversees eBlast bulletins, Social Media and Surveys as required
- Oversight of the HSCN website including IT Relationship, content, banner ads, job postings and the posting of materials as appropriate
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 15 or more years of experience in a leadership role
- 5 or more years leading an Association or working in the Healthcare Supply Chain sector.
Competencies and Attributes
- Energy, motivation, enthusiasm, and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues, members, business partners, facilitators, speakers etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to drive multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A015464 (AXCD-784333) Executive Director – Healthcare Supply Chain Network - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.