Executive Director – Dairy Farmers of Canada
Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC) is the national policy, lobbying and promotional organization representing Canada’s farmers living on approximately 12,000 dairy farms. DFC strives to create stable conditions for the Canadian dairy industry, today and in the future. It works to maintain policies that foster the viability of Canadian dairy farmers and promote dairy products and their health benefits.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director represents DFC to a multitude of important stakeholders. The Executive Director will work in close partnership with the Board in continuously looking ahead while remaining approachable and responsive to the needs of members across Canada. The Executive Director is required to provide information and advice for the Board to make decisions, based on a thorough analysis of issues. He/She is accountable for the strategic and operational plans, the financial performance goals, and all objectives and strategies to achieve positive business results for the organization while ensuring adherence to corporate policies. The Executive Director is a strong leader who can continuously assess the needs of the organization both internal and external, and empower its personnel to achieve the goals set out by the Board with passion and optimism.
Responsibilities include strategic oversight and planning, leadership management, planning and budgeting, advocacy management, as well as usual Board duties.
Ideal Personal Profile
- Excellent leadership skills with an ability to build relationships and consensus with both internal and external stakeholders. Recognized for being an authentic and approachable leader with an open communication style.
- A team builder with strong abilities and experience in building, mentoring, coaching and inspiring a multi-disciplinary team of professionals;
- Demonstrated abilities as an effective change agent, collaborator and strategic thinker with managerial courage, who can affect strategic and tactical goals and objectives and achieve organizational excellence.
- A proven ability to critically analyze complex issues involving legislation and propose a strong strategy to stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and make necessary decisions aligned with Board direction.
- Proven project management skills and demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Solid professional, with good judgment, able to proactively take initiative and to multitask and demonstrate ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field; master’s degree is an asset.
- Extensive senior level management and administration experience in a not-for-profit, member-driven environment in a federally regulated industry.
- Strong knowledge of good governance practices, operational management, financial planning including strategic planning and human resources practices.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in French and English combined with strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience in reporting to and working with a Board of Directors.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AYBQ-576847 Executive Director – Dairy Farmers of Canada - ON - Ottawa Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.