Executive Assistant – University of Toronto Asset Management
Our Client, the University of Toronto Asset Management (“UTAM”) is the investment manager for the University of Toronto’s Pension, Endowment and short-term working capital assets. UTAM manages over $10 billion in assets with a team of more than 20 professionals. They invest globally across a variety of asset classes using a wide range of strategies. Their sole focus is to invest university assets. Please refer to https://utam.utoronto.ca/ for more information about UTAM.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President & Chief Investment Officer
Location: Toronto, ON
We are excited to be assisting UTAM in a search for the newly created Executive Assistant role. The incumbent will be joining a collaborative and high performing team in which they will provide support to the President and CIO and up to five senior professionals. This role would be ideal for a forward-thinking and progressive Executive Assistant who thrives in supporting a small team. The ideal candidate will bring strong administrative skills as well as a proactive approach, and be highly detail-oriented.
- Assist in booking meetings at UTAM’s office for supported individuals, e.g., investment manager meetings, staff meetings and other internal meetings; ensure availability of UTAM staff, coordinate with external parties where required
- Assist in booking external meetings for supported individuals, e.g., investment manager meetings, service providers meetings, etc.; ensure availability of UTAM staff, coordinate with external parties where required
- Coordinate catering requirements with the Office Administrator for meetings at UTAM’s office
- Assist in research and booking of travel and accommodations (flights, hotels, cars, etc.), coordinate change of schedules and manage cancellations, support scheduling of out-of-town meetings (locations, travel time/distance), prepare and maintain travel itineraries
- Complete registrations for conferences and meetings as required, and organize arrangements with investment managers or conference hosts (travel, meals, schedule, etc.), complete other associated administrative duties
- Complete expense reports for supported individuals
- Provide document and presentation preparation support as required; type or edit presentations, memos, minutes, notes, etc. (Word, PowerPoint, basic Excel or charts/tables)
- Act as Secretary to the Management Investment Committee (MIC), coordinate meetings, compile and distribute agendas and materials, ensure meeting materials are properly retained for record keeping purposes; take minutes etc.
- Complete photocopying, binding, printing; also scan relevant hard-copy presentations received (with notes), and save in appropriate network or document management location
- Scan or input contacts and business cards into Outlook and/or internal document management system
- Assist the President in developing, writing, and proofreading internal and external communications, working with other supported individuals and service providers, as necessary
- Post material to UTAM’s website and develop website update notices (training provided), working with service providers as necessary
- Assist the President and Investments staff with administrative tasks as requested
- Undertake any tasks or projects as identified from time to time
CANDIDATE PROFILE & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of experience as an executive assistant
- University or college graduate, preferably in English, Business or Communications
- Microsoft Office proficient, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; superior keyboarding skills
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality to sensitive information and address situations in a professional manner
- Attention to detail
- Personable, professional, energetic, enthusiastic and diligent
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AUYI-541364 Executive Assistant – University of Toronto Asset Management - ON - Toronto (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.