Engineering Manager | Supreme International Limited
Supreme International Limited is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of Vertical Mixers for the agricultural and environmental industries and is recognized as the best TMR (Triple Mixed Ration) processor in the world. Rurally located in Wetaskiwin, Alberta with ample green space, parks and recreation, this agriculture and manufacturing plant covers 33 acres with their 250,000 square foot facility.
Backed by an Alberta based Private Equity Firm, Supreme International Limited focuses on manufacturing state of the art equipment for the agricultural industry and fosters an entrepreneurial culture. Supreme entered the global market very early on as a manufacturer working with markets in Saudi Arabia, Japan and Australia and now has a broader presence in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas. Supreme continues to be the benchmark for quality equipment globally. Often paired with the words ‘performance’ and ‘reliability’, Supreme processors have found a place on the world stage.
In 2010, Supreme expanded into the US with a truck mount assembly facility and a parts distribution warehouse located in Dodge City, Kansas. This centralized location improved parts distribution throughout North America and is a more efficient location for truck mount assembly.
For further information about Supreme International Limited, please visit their website at https://supremeinternational.com/company
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
|5: Designer, Mechanical Technician, Mechanical Designer/Drafting, Contract PhD Mechanical Engineer, and Summer Student.|
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and a key member of the senior leadership team, the Engineering Manager will be a player/coach, meaning 10% of their time will be spent participating in the development of Supreme’s strategic direction, 20% of their time on people management, and 70% of their time on actual engineering, design, testing, Bill of Materials and drawing work. The Engineering Manager is responsible for New Product Development, Product Engineering and Manufacturing Production Support. The successful candidate will direct, coordinate, and assist in the planning, organization, control, integration and completion of plant and product-based engineering and design activities.
In the short term, the Engineering Manager will review all engineering processes and controls to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and improve the company’s capacity for new product development. As a member of the senior leadership team, the successful candidate will work with their peers to execute on a growth strategy and ensure the engineering team is poised to support new international markets.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team to achieve Supreme International’s strategic growth goals by expanding the capacity of the engineering team and developing products to meet existing and potential customers’ needs; and
- Accountable for the financial performance of the engineering department (i.e., budget development, capital requirements, review of monthly financial results, etc.).
- Foster a culture of teamwork, transparency, and continuous improvement throughout the organization; and
- Lead and mentor the engineering, design and drafting teams.
- Responsible for New Product Development, Product Engineering and Manufacturing Production Support;
- Develop and continuously monitor engineering process and systems identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Ensure processes and structures are in place that guarantee consistent product quality;
- Facilitate various manufacturing programs (bending, paint, machine upgrade, welding, plasma and laser) throughout the plant;
- Support tooling and jig welding improvement plans and machine upgrades for various operations throughout the facility; and
- Collaborate with sales teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience (product development, warranty support, service etc.).
- Supreme International has experienced over 65 years of success and with the support of a private equity firm is poised for continued international growth;
- The Wetaskiwin plant is an industry leading facility with state-of-the-art equipment and recognized as the best TMR processor in the world;
- Supreme International is comprised of skilled, diverse, loyal and dedicated employees; and
- The Engineering Manager role is both a technical expert and leader within the business.
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Establish trusting relationships across the organization and with the engineering, drafting and designing team foster a transparent and team-based culture;
- Implement key performance indicators and metrics within the engineering group, reporting on progress to leadership team;
- Evaluate and improve all engineering processes (i.e. new product development, change order), controls (i.e. document, print etc.) and systems within the organization;
- Establish clear communication structures within the team and across the organization;
- Introduce rigour around quality assurance;
- Develop a comprehensive approach to new product development to meet customer needs; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering excellent customer service, addressing warranty and service issues as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; and
- Eng. registration is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing related field with a minimum of three years of leadership experience;
- Strong understanding of budget and capital processes;
- Experience supporting company growth is highly preferred; and
- Agricultural or machinery experience is highly preferred.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Accountable: Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
- Decision Quality: Good decisions are based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Making quality decisions while working in an environment where ambiguity and uncertainty are the norm.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Embodies a personal commitment to the success of the business. Seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. Mindset where you ask critical questions, innovate and want continuous improvement.
- Excellence: Strong focus on setting and meeting high standards for yourself and others.
- Protects: Creates a safe and healthy workplace by being aware of surroundings and being aware of potential hazards. Understanding your surroundings and being aware of potential hazards that will help you and your co-workers avoid unnecessary or dangerous situations
- Team Player: Understands their role and shares in the team’s successes and challenges. Fosters an environment of open dialogue. Willingness to help members of the team when needed.
Supreme International Limited is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and Supreme International Limited throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AQOR-337383 Engineering Manager | Supreme International Limited - AB - Wetaskiwin (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.