Director, Talent Development and Total Rewards – ClearStream Energy Services Inc.
ClearStream Energy Services Inc., works day-in and day-out to provide the best solutions for their customers. With a legacy of excellence and experience going back more than 50 years, they supply solutions to the Energy and Industrial markets which include: Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Mining, Power, Agriculture, Forestry, Infrastructure, and Water Treatment.
Together with their divisions, ClearStream Wear Technologies LP, Flint, Flint Environmental Services, Universal Weld Overlays (UWO), and ClearWater, they construct and provide services that keep their clients moving forward. With offices strategically located across Canada and over 4,000 employees, they can offer both open-shop and union workforce options, as well as an embedded or non-embedded workforce operating models, uniquely differentiates them from their competitors.
Their people and processes are the pillars of their company. Safety is intertwined into their culture where everyone strives to achieve a zero-injury workforce and flawless execution on schedule and within budget.
To be recognized as the most trusted provider of industrial and asset integrity services to improve our customers’ facilities and operation in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
For more information, please visit: https://www.clearstreamenergy.ca/
|Job Title:||Director, Talent Development and Total Rewards|
|Reports to:||Vice President, Human Resources|
|Direct Reports:||3; Human Resources Analyst, Benefit Administration and Talent Development Coordinator|
|Location:||Edmonton, AB (office located in Sherwood Park, AB)|
The Director, Talent Development and Total Rewards is an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team. Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, this individual collaborates with Senior Functional and Operational Leaders, Managers, Recruiters, and Human Resource Business Partners to create, implement, and administer strategic programs and opportunities to develop, engage and retain our employees.
Total Rewards and Engagement:
- Manage the development, implementation, and administration of total rewards strategy, policies, and programs;
- Counsel leadership on pay decisions, compensation practices and policies, and guideline interpretation. Influences decision-making process and final outcome by providing detailed analysis/models, innovative recommendations, and expert advice to management and HR business partners;
- Oversee the participation in salary surveys and monitor salary survey data to ensure compensation objectives are achieved;
- Responsible for contract and administration of salaried and hourly benefits and Retirement Programs;
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of benefit programs on a quarterly basis;
- Oversees the management of disability files and ensures effective processes and strategies are used to ensure healthy employees return to work as soon as possible;
- Develop and continuously improve the HR measurement strategy (key metrics) and produce regular management reports, including analysis and ‘points to note’ for use in strategic and operational planning; and
- Oversee employee engagement surveys, pulse surveys and stay interview process. Analyze results, prepares, and presents results and recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Leads the strategy, content, design, and implementation of development programs using a variety of delivery methods. Areas of focus include but are not limited to programs for: high potential employees, mentor/mentee, succession planning, supervisor/management leadership development, and employee engagement;
- Review, manage and update annual performance management design and delivery;
- Implement communication strategies to raise awareness and promote learning and development opportunities; and
- Manage the LMS content and resources.
Team Leadership & Management:
- Manages and coaches HR Specialists in the timely & effective execution of their duties;
- Reallocates resources and/or responsibilities as needed to provide a consistently high level of service and expertise;
- Contributes to key organizational strategic initiatives as assigned;
- Participates as a member of the HR Leadership team;
- Provides input to HR strategies, policies, and programs outside of responsibility areas;
- Leads through influence and expertise to build effective relationships with business partners and all members of the HR Department; and
- Acts as delegate for the Vice President, Human Resources when assigned.
- Join a team that is passionate, driven, and dedicated to producing quality work and ensuring the success of ClearStream along with the values they share;
- Participate in a growing Canadian company, with opportunity for personal career development and growth;
- The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to put their mark on assisting with the ongoing development of the Human Resources department; and
- Serve as a member on the Senior Leadership Team and have an impact and visibility throughout the organization.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build trusting, open, collaborative, and respectful relationships throughout the organization;
- In collaboration with the Vice President, Human Resources develop and implement a succession management program for the Senior Leadership Team, provide clear directions of the steps required to grow within the company;
- Develop and implement a mentorship program for salaried employees;
- Develop and implement a management training program for front line supervisors; and
- Develop and implement a performance management program for hourly employees.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary degree specializing in human resource management, organizational development, education, or business administration is preferred; and
- Relevant designations such as, CCP, CTDP, CHRP, CHRL are considered an asset.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in a similar role and level with exposure to other HR disciplines; and
- Experience in Oil and Gas Services is a significant asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Superior relationship management skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate and coordinate activities effectively and lead and motivate senior level learning and development professionals/managers.
- Proven ability to lead teams through significant change management initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated organization, planning, and time management skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and delegate.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and present ideas and content that contribute to the sector or organization’s strategic priorities.
ClearSteam Energy Services Inc. is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and ClearSteam Energy Services Inc. throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AHFG-636231 Director, Talent Development and Total Rewards – ClearStream Energy Services Inc. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.