Supply Chain Manager – Oilfield – Di-Corp
Di-Corp is a leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty chemicals, parts and accessories serving the Energy, Mining and Drilling industries. They are a third generation, family-owned organization with a strong presence in Canada, the United States and Mexico.
Di-Corp has proudly developed a reputation for meeting and exceeding the expectations of their customers since 1960. They build relationships that focus not only on down to earth customer service, but the capabilities and expertise of their staff as well.
They know that all relationships require integrity and partnership. They believe that having dedicated staff providing personalized service along with their focused product lines will lead to success.
Di-Corp approaches partnerships with current market knowledge, superior problem-solving capability and technical support backed by their Research & Development teams along with International distribution capabilities.
The Drilling Fluids division serves the oil and gas industries, manufacturing and distributing chemicals including drilling fluids and cement additives, as well as rods, casing, diamond bits, core retrieval equipment and various other small and large accessories. Di-Corp has developed their own line of quality manufactured drilling fluids called Earth Pro. The Earth Pro product line includes chemicals and drilling additives for the Energy, Mining and Industrial Drilling industries.
For further information about Di-Corp, please visit their website at www.di-corp.com
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager – Oilfield
Reports to: Vice President – Oilfield
Direct Reports: 4
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Vice President – Oilfield, the Supply Chain Manager– Oilfield will be responsible for developing and executing Di-Corp’s supply chain strategy. Working closely with the sales and R&D teams, you will look for opportunities to optimize processes, bring new products to market, create a sophisticated forecasting tool, recommend and implement improvement plans and be a visible leader within the organization. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strong relationships with our suppliers and be integral to the negotiation process. Di-Corp has ambitious goals for expansion and introducing new revenue streams which will require a creative and forward-thinking Supply Chain Manager to overcome costing hurdles.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction for all company supply chain activities, initiatives and functions.
- Initiate and sustain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to assist with enabling the evolving strategic direction
- Ensure efficient and consistent human resource activities within the department, including recruiting, selection, orientation, training and performance management
- Develop and implement strategies to improve relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Introduce regression analysis to ensure better estimating metrics
- Participate in new product development: trial, test and scale in conjunction with R&D and the sales team
- Implement a forecasting methodology which utilizes analytics to better adopt to market demands
- Look for opportunities to optimize inventory efficiency and reduce storage needs while limiting stockout delays
- Create agility with in the supply chain team capable of responding to the needs of the business and changes to corporate strategy
- Manage workload distribution and supervision of the supply chain team
- Develop and maintain supply chain policies, procedures and systems according to company practices
- Oversee vendor selection, ordering, purchasing, logistics and distribution of materials for the organization
- Act as the prime negotiator for key purchases and contracts (including rail contracts), in conjunction with the business unit leads
- Ensure compliance with Canada Customs guidelines and regulations for importing and exporting goods
- Uphold company compliance with applicable government regulations
Opportunities and Challenges
- Significantly impact the strategic direction of the supply chain function and its influence on all departments within the oilfield division
- Work autonomously and utilize decision making authority
- Maintain relationships with a diverse group of suppliers in a hands-on capacity, while continuously seeking opportunities for improvement within the current accounts. This will include travel to the Asian continent, and the United States to meet with suppliers directly
- Work with sales and R&D to resolve barriers to the introduction of new product lines while maintaining the best possible margins. Liaise with financial and operation managers regarding costs, requirements, trends, material flow, inventory, purchasing and logistics
- Recommend and implement improvement plans for productivity, quality and efficiency of operations
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Demonstrate success in improving inventory efficiency
- Implement a forecasting methodology which utilizes analytics to better adapt to market demands
- Support ERP selection and implementation as it relates to supply chain
- Condense the number of distributor purchases, look for opportunities to buy directly from suppliers when conceivable
- Gain the trust of your peers across the organization and begin to break down the silos between the different business units
- Demonstrate a positive influence on the supply chain team
- Maintain a safe working environment and promote health and safety awareness
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A related university degree or equivalent education and experience
- Professional designation in purchasing – PMAC certification
- Minimum of 10+ years supply chain management experience
- Solid understanding of inventory forecasting and analytics
- Logistics, inventory management, costing, marketing experience and vendor relationships within the chemical industry would be considered an asset
- Understand the economic influence effecting the market in Calgary in Alberta and in Canada
- Familiarity with computer management of inventory, costing and generation of purchase orders. Previous experience with an ERP implementation would be considered an asset
Competencies and Attributes
- Proven leader with the ability to develop and grow their team
- Strategic thinker – work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to look for creatives ways to improve on the status quo
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AONY-781211 Supply Chain Manager – Oilfield – Di-Corp - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.