Director, Supply Chain Management – Sugarlash PRO Inc.
From entrepreneurial roots, Sugarlash PRO Inc. (“Sugarlash”) has demonstrated a relentless passion to be the best in the industry and has quickly grown to become one of North America’s premier eyelash distributors. Driven by the highest standards, Sugarlash sources the best available products from around the world, while continually pushing the boundaries in product development and advancement. Truly an eyelash couture, Sugarlash clientele demand the highest level of performance and product quality in the business. Sugarlash prides itself on consistently delivering on this expectation.
Sugarlash also offers a best in class Academy Program, where lash artists from all over the world are trained to be the best in the industry and learn unique trademarked techniques of the highest and most respected caliber, as recognized by global industry experts.
For information about Sugarlash PRO, please visit their website at www.sugarlashpro.com.
Job Title: Director, Supply Chain Management
Reports to: President
Direct Reports: 5
Indirect Reports: 30
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Director, Supply Chain Management, under the direction of the President, is primarily responsible for developing supply chain strategies that support and meet company performance objectives and client and customer expectations. The Director, Supply Chain Management will utilize data analysis, business intelligence and reporting tools to forecast supply needs across the organization. This individual will mitigate risk to the company and maintain compliance with health and safety standards and requirements.
The Director, Supply Chain Management will lead the fulfillment department for Sugarlash PRO and ensure that each order is filled quickly, consistently and accurately for their global customers. Product sourcing, vendor relationship management and fulfilment will fall under the scope of responsibility for this newly created role. Driving a culture of continuous improvement, process adherence and accountability, the successful candidate will play an integral role in executing on the strategic plan for the company with a focus on growth and best in class customer service.
Sugarlash is seeking a passionate and committed supply chain professional to champion a ‘best in class culture’ and provide solutions to support Sugarlash’s continued growth and success.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Act as a key advisor to the Executive Team on material budgeting and planning;
- In tandem with the Finance Director, develop and monitor the annual budget including forecasting staffing and facility requirements;
- Manage profit and loss for each fulfillment center (including all new locations) and measure against budget;
- Develop and implement departmental KPIs, regularly reporting on progress to the executive team; and
- Collaborate and liaise with other departments to ensure the entire organization achieves best in class fulfillment efforts.
Supply Chain Leadership:
- Accountable for all product sourcing and fulfillment operations;
- Regularly measures and monitors fulfillment levels to ensure alignment with company standards, making changes where necessary to achieve goals;
- Responsible for all sales-based systems (Company websites, Shopify, Woo Commerce, Arabia and Alibaba) for Sugarlash PRO & LashPRO Academy;
- Ensure orders are fulfilled with quality, consistency, and speed in alignment with the excellent, established customer service expectations;
- Ensure incoming shipments (merchandise inventory and customer returns) are processed accurately within 24 hours of receipt;
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement by maintaining acute awareness of the daily challenges and operational bottlenecks faced by support staff;
- Provide logistical oversight to ensure that the facilities, layout, and equipment is used to optimize efficiency and safety;
- Responsible for the full cycle of vendor management including:
- Managing all international and domestic vendor contracts;
- Negotiating and establishing appropriate terms and conditions with all suppliers with a focus on ensuring cost reduction and logistics; and
- Maintaining excellent professional relationships with vendors negotiating new and current product offerings as required.
- Create a culture of training excellence where inclusive team development is executed regularly;
- Execute regular training for Executive team on sales-based systems;
- Conduct weekly one-on-ones with each division Director (Executive Team Member) to develop strong communication channels and maintain full knowledge of operational issues;
- Deliver direct, actionable feedback to direct reports; and
Provide ongoing performance management to direct report.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the Director, Supply Chain Management’s ability to:
- Develop and execute upon the overall strategy for the supply chain function, focusing on customer service and execution of product orders;
- Develop and maintain on-going relationships with key suppliers and establish effective programs and processes of ensuring “best in class” supplier performance;
- Minimize supply risks by continually developing and securing alternative sources of supply; and
- Optimize a procurement strategy and supply chain design will directly impact the company’s growth by contributing to operating margin.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related discipline; and
- Supply Chain Management Professional (“SCMP”) designation will be considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of senior management experience;
- 1-2 years management experience scaling an organization;
- Previously accountable for developing budgets, managing profit and loss, and developing staffing forecasts;
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with international suppliers and vendors;
- Background in e-commerce, operations, distribution, logistics and/or retail would be considered an asset;
- Systems experience with Google Drive, ShipStation, Samplepop, SAP Aribia, Brightpearl and Mothercloud will be considered an asset;
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; and
- Flexibility to travel (including internationally).
Competencies and Attributes:
- Passion for continuous improvement and process design;
- Driven by an entrepreneurial passion;
- Commitment to hands-on people management;
- Expertise in delivering clear, constructive, and actionable feedback;
- Ability to analyze data and strategically guide team to hit KPIs and operating metrics;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through; and
- Strong empathy, approachability and people-driven attitude.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, Optimum Talent requires your consent to provide you with information via email that is relevant to you. This may include electronic communications regarding job opportunities that you are pursuing. Please click the following link in order to access and complete our online subscription form on the homepage of our website: http://www.optimumtalent.com/
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AVXA-788817 Director, Supply Chain Management – Sugarlash PRO Inc. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.