Director, Strategy – Couche-Tard Inc.
The mission at Couche-Tard is to make people’s lives a little easier every day. Their global family of 130,000 people in over 16,000 stores and 26 countries makes that possible for their millions of clients worldwide, which is why they are committed to helping them achieve their goals and grow with them. They set themselves apart by their culture of pride: pride in their people and their development, pride in serving others, what they have built and what they are striving to achieve. No matter where you come from or where you are heading in your career, there is a place for you to grow at Circle K / Couche-Tard. “When you grow, we grow – together”.
Couche-Tard Inc. aims to become the preferred destination for the purchase of goods and fuel around the world. In order to continue this mission, the time has come to plan the activities surrounding the development of the next five-year strategic plan.
In order to continue its success in a context of growth, our client is looking for a Director, Strategy
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the Director, Strategy will own the strategy development process. He will define the methodology used to develop the strategy, execute the process, and translate that strategy into actions throughout the organization. In addition, the incumbent will:
- Own the enterprise wide strategy planning process and governance framework, building the supporting team and strategy function.
- Act as a champion of the organization strategy and establish relationships with key executives and senior leadership to support corporate and business unit strategy development and execution.
- Manage annual short- and long-term strategic planning processes.
- Facilitate the communication and cascading of the strategy across the organization.
- Monitor strategy adherence responding to ‘off-strategy’ activity.
- Conduct and guide financial analysis and business model development, synthesize findings and present recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Assess competitive environment and identify growth opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the overall project prioritization roadmap and review operational risks.
Given that this is a new role, the Director, Strategy will have to to exercise leadership to offer strategic and tactical support to the different stakeholders on the various facets of the development of the strategic planning. From this perspective, it will have to develop and ensure a bond of trust with all partners.
- MBA or advanced master’s degree in Business, Engineering or Finance.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a management consulting firm or within corporate strategy development.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to influence and manage relationships across organization.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical capabilities.
- Expertise in development of framework and concepts to guide organizational strategic thinking.
- Excellent business mind with a global vision; ability to turn constraints into opportunities.
- Autonomous individual who stands out for his Innovative, dynamic, and creative spirit.
- Excellent communicator, team player and ability to bring people together, including persuasive negotiation skills with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to make presentations to a larger group or to the executive of the company.
- Knowledge of retail is considered an asset.
- Perfect proficiency of English and French, both orally and in writing.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A021200 (AMCA-430775) Director, Strategy – Couche-Tard Inc. - QC - Montreal (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.