Director of Sales – MLA Canada
MLA Canada is a private, fast-growing Western Canadian company working in the real-estate marketing sector. The company holds a gross sales volume of approximately a billion dollars and a robust project portfolio with strategic plans to double in size over the next three years. They are a passionate, culture-driven organization that delivers high quality work through the empowerment of people and a shared value system centered on the pursuit of excellence.
MLA Canada’s purpose is to create and innovate meaningful experiences for their client’s customers. They are passionate, thoughtful, and deeply committed to growing by building the best team in the industry.
Job Title: Director of Sales
Reports to: Vice President, Sales
Direct Reports: 5-15 (cyclical)
Location: Vancouver, BC; Hybrid
The Director of Sales is an expert in client management and intuitively guides well-established relationships through the sales cycle with confidence and relentless determination. The ability to manage conflict and objection handling has been honed through previous years of experience within the broader real estate industry. Bound by values that are cemented in the pursuit of innovation and excellence, the Director of Sales strives to over-achieve annual targets and goals and is a key contributor to MLA Canada’s strategic vision and sustainable growth.
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales, the Director of Sales leads a portfolio of clients with the intent to propel all sales programs, maximize sales, and continue to build upon MLA Canada’s well-established brand. The Director of Sales is responsible for each sales program by developing, executing, and managing Sales Strategies.
As a leader in the organization, the focus of the Director of Sales role is to model the way through relationship building, mentorship and development. A consummate professional, the Director of Sales brings an impressive level of charm, energy and enthusiasm to the team, colleagues and clients by consistently delivering incredible experiences.
While being a key driver of MLA Canada’s rapid growth strategy, the Director of Sales is responsible for overseeing all elements of the Sales Team, championing individual career goals, facilitating the Portfolio Team and nurturing strong relationships to maximize sales and MLA Canada’s brand.
Sales Staff Management
- Create a talent pipeline of A Players by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring strong Sales Staff to prepare MLA Canada for future growth.
- Participate in the workforce planning process taking into account the needs of every project, while balancing the knowledge, skills, and abilities of each consultant to promote the project, client, and MLA Canada’s brand.
- Influence, inspire and invest in the development of Sales Staff in order to excel in their roles and achieve their goals within MLA Canada utilizing a proactive approach to talent retention.
- Evaluate each team member, formally and informally, to identify A Players within the Sales Staff, and ensure every consultant is aware of where they stand performance-wise at all times.
- Conduct and lead new development training sessions on an ongoing basis, providing direct feedback and process improvement.
Portfolio Team Management
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, participate in the onboarding of new employees among the Portfolio Team to ensure their successful integration into MLA Canada.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous training and development for all members of the Portfolio Team with specific focus on MLA Canada’s best practices, client nuances, and client relationship management.
- Influence and inspire all members of the Portfolio Team to constantly excel and achieve their milestones and goals.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, continuously evaluate team members to identify A Players within the Portfolio Team utilizing a proactive approach to talent retention.
- Nurture the client relationship and/or sales program upon commencement of kick-off meeting; Co-manage new site integration meetings with the Portfolio Team and the VP of Sales Operations.
- Directly liaise with the Director of Marketing and the Portfolio Team to support aspects of the program lifecycle.
- Throughout the program, manage the roll-out and success of the program while maximizing the client relationship.
- Prepare for, and actively participate in all project post-mortems.
Sales Strategy Development and Execution
- Develop a Sales Strategy, in collaboration with the Director of Marketing to ensure consistencies with the Marketing Strategy that is innovative and meets the clients’ and MLA Canada’s needs and goals.
- Develop in collaboration with the Portfolio Team, prospecting programs, realtor and grand opening events and other milestones as needed.
- Ensure the Sales Team is adequately trained to execute on all milestones and provided tools and mentorship to succeed.
- Manage project-related budgets, including staffing and corporate budgets, as well as inventory and pricing throughout the program lifecycle; reviewing with the Director of Marketing and Vice President, Sales and Operations ongoing.
OPPORTUNITIES AND ATTRACTIONS
- Unmatched transformational leadership opportunity for a visionary that wants to make a significant impact.
- Working with an excellent senior leadership group that support high performance, leadership development.
- A comprehensive benefits package including a bonus paid vacation between Christmas and New Year’s, fitness and wellness allowances, flexible and remote working, maternity leave top-up, benefits, and a defined bonus plan.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES
- Achievement of 2021 business plan goals such number of units sold annually.
- Results that grow market share within the established region.
- Fostering and maintaining a positive and productive team morale.
- Continuously strive to deliver enhanced customer experiences to solidify trusted reputation.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTE
- The Director of Sales holds a bachelor or master’s degree in: Business, Marketing or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- RECBC License is required or must be obtained if relocating to the BC Market.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive sales experience in a competitive fast-paced environment, including a minimum of three (3) years at a leadership level.
- Solid understanding and hands-on knowledge of the real estate market, trends and best practices.
- Excellence in nurturing long-lasting, trusted relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders; ability to navigate relationships through influence.
- Demonstrated track record of success in objection selling.
- Proven ability to handle conflict management with positive outcomes.
- Accomplished communicator and active listener with the ability to facilitate, negotiate, mediate and influence others in achieving shared business objectives.
- Dynamic leader with a collaborative approach to motivate, develop and inspire teams to achieve excellence in performance.
- Proven ability to flex, lead and support change, effectively performing in a complex, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong working proficiency with systems, spreadsheet, CRM and internal tools such as Lasso, Asana, Office 365, Smart Sheets, Yongle, Concur.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate including a competitive base salary and defined bonus program.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AFRV-617342 Director of Sales – MLA Canada - BC - Vancouver and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.