Director Operations – MIC Medical Imaging
MIC started as Medical Imaging Consultants in 1996 with the merger of four local radiology groups. Now we are Alberta’s largest radiology partnership. We have 96 radiologists with diverse sub-specialties and areas of expertise and over 350 technologists and support staff.
MIC is an expert and trusted partner to Edmonton and area primary care practitioners and specialists.
MIC radiologists play an essential role in eight Edmonton area hospitals, providing diagnostic imaging at the Ft. Saskatchewan, Grey Nuns, Mazankowski Heart Institute, Royal Alexandra, Stollery Children’s, Strathcona Community, Sturgeon General, Leduc Community and University hospitals.
The specialists at these hospitals trust our radiologists to provide expert advice and recommendations in a wide range of sub-specialties.
MIC is proud to be able to extend the same expert level of diagnostic imaging to practitioners and patients through our 12 community-based clinics located in Edmonton, St. Albert, Ft. Saskatchewan and Sherwood Park (soon to be 13). Our radiologists take a collaborative approach and draw on our ‘in-house’ expertise when reviewing scans and dealing with complex conditions.
MIC is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients, from the moment the patient speaks to one of our Booking agents, through to the quality of the care we provide at a patient’s appointment. And while the patient may not meet the radiologist during their appointment, the radiologist is involved in the patient’s medical imaging from start to finish.
For further information on MIC Medical Imaging, please visit our website at www.mic.ca.
Job Title: Director, Operations
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Directors: 8 (Site Managers)
Indirect Reports: 370
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Director, Operations position assumes the responsibility and authority for the direction, evaluation, and coordination of the functions and activities of the clinics in the organization to ensure operational objectives and results are in accordance with MIC’s strategic plan. The Director, Operations ensures the consistent and effective execution of key systems and processes that make effective use of organizational resources.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and coordinates operational activities; consults with all members of management and radiologists responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Manages and participates in the development of the operations budget which includes clinics; directs monitoring and approval of expenditures.
- Overall responsibility for client satisfaction in all clinics.
- Recommends, monitors, and reports on results against budgetary and performance measures.
- Advises on the introduction of new processes, equipment, and products to improve operational effectiveness.
- Establishes workplace climate and ensures unit is resourced to achieve objectives.
- Assumes full operational responsibility for clinic services including strategic human resource functions and reviews performance against operating plans and standards.
- Represents MIC business leadership to develop, explain and implement programs, policies and activities specific to operational requirements.
- Selects, trains and develops management employees and supports their effectiveness as leaders of clinic operations, physical, and human resources.
- Meets with management and lead team members to identify and resolve problems; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures and assigns projects.
- Collaborates with Human Resources Manager in the development, implementation and application of all human resource services and activities including recruitment, selection, training and orientation programs, and performance management processes that support MIC’s business strategy and organizational objectives.
- Conducts organizational and operational studies and investigations; recommends changes and modifications that support business strategy and operational improvement including equipment and facilities.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Deliver financial results that are in alignment with the pre-established budget.
- Further enhance the efficiencies of clinics.
- Collaborate with Site Managers on performance management and career progression of all internal employees.
- Maintain the high staff retention level that MIC currently holds.
- Develop positive collaborative relationships with radiologists in the practice
- Obtain a high degree of satisfaction on employee engagement surveys.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of MIC and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare, or related discipline.
- Master’s in Business Administration will be considered an asset.
- Prior healthcare system experience will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated financial acumen (ability to read and understand a P&L, balance sheet, return on capital invested, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of business principles, administration, organizational development, marketing and management of health care facilities.
- Uncompromising sense of integrity, discretion and high ethical standards.
- Strong track record of developing, coaching and mentoring organizational leaders.
- Excellent operational skills with the ability to recognize workflow issues and redesign them while creating buy in on the new processes.
- Exceptional financial and analytical skills, problem identification and resolution skills, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Experienced initiating and managing change positively within an organization.
- Strong effective leadership skills with the ability to manage a large team in different office locations.
- Comfortable with the creating and implementation of strategic plans and business processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the successful ability to build effective relationships with Radiologists, leadership, management, employees and clients.
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Superior leadership skills and ability to develop, engage and motivate teams to produce quality results, solutions and outstanding service.
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate at all levels, presenting to the executives, engaging with Shareholders, and communicating with employees at all levels.
- Continues to support and contribute to a culture focused on exceptional patient care.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate flexibility, innovation, critical thinking, sound decision making and professionalism.
- Is by nature strategic and results driven, and able to drive results through others by instilling the vision, providing direction, and empowering others.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, Optimum Talent requires your consent to provide you with information via email that is relevant to you. This may include electronic communications regarding job opportunities that you are pursuing. Please click the following link in order to access and complete our online subscription form on the homepage of our website: http://www.optimumtalent.com/
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AQDE-326623 Director Operations – MIC Medical Imaging - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.