Director of Sales – J&R Home Products Ltd.
In business for over 35 years, our client J&R Home Products sells and distributes home products predominantly through major retailer partners across Canada and the USA. JR Home brands include Paramount, Patioflare, Grapevine, Kennedy, JR Home Collection.
Our client’s passion is providing quality home products, economically sourced from around the world. They strive for innovative designs, both contemporary and classical, that embellish and enhance the home. J&R Home Products have international product development and sourcing offices in China, Vietnam and Malaysia and we invest heavily in product development, aligning trends through customer feedback and market data. JR Home is the holder of a number of patents making these products unique in the marketplace.
Our client’s products are available through Amazon, Best Buy, The Brick, Canadian Tire, Costco, Giant Tiger, Home Depot, Home Hardware, Lowes, Menards, Reno Depot, Rona, Walmart, Wayfair and others. They continue to expand their distribution network where appropriate to do so.
JR Home also offers direct to consumer through its website www.jrhome.com. Additionally, from their website you can purchase spare parts, access product manuals including parts and access solutions for known issues. They also provide numerous how to and product videos on their youtube channel.
The Products Division generates more than 60% of the company’s total revenue and is targeted for significant growth over the next three to five years. This role will be a key leader enabling that growth through an appropriate combination of organic growth, new channel development and acquisitions.
You can learn more about the company here: https://www.jrhome.com.
|Job Title:||Director of Sales|
|Reports to:||Chief Operating Officer|
|Direct Reports:||3 – 4 Sales; 1 Sales Coordinator|
|Location:||Open to Pitt Meadows, BC or Mississauga, Ont.|
The Director of Sales will be responsible for driving profitable Company sales / revenue performance and growth, as well as accountable for strategic account and customer engagement. The role is responsible for effective communication between Customers, Marketing and Operations. This role will advance the Group’s goals and business objectives and drive improved performance through operational excellence, process rigor and innovation.
Key internal working relationships include: Chief Operating Officer, Director of Marketing and Product Development, Vice-President Operations and Products, as well as the owner / CEO.
- Sales & Revenue Development
- Accountable to drive profitable sales revenue growth for Products Division as well as sales forecast achievement.
- Develop and execute strategic growth / sales plans, including account and channel strategies.
- Determine pricing strategy, rates for quotes, promotions. Responsible for price and promotion maintenance and execution.
- Responsible to develop new leads and cultivate prospects, grow customer base.
- Directly responsible for portfolio of key accounts.
- Bring forward opportunities, trends and insights to improve performance.
- Relationship Management
- Negotiating key account contracts/bids/RFP’s/assortment and line reviews with customers and leading strategic negotiations.
- Responsible for Account management and prioritization, working closely with Operations, including periodic account reviews. Responsible for payment collections and overdue account invoices.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop marketing campaigns, collateral, programs, promotions, and other initiatives to drive sales growth.
- Collaborate with Product Development and Supply Chain to plan assortment of product features in line with customer / consumer requirements. Identify new product opportunities and gaps in the market.
- Promoting and marketing company products and services directly and indirectly.
- Visiting customers to evaluate needs, conduct sales presentations to promote products.
- People Leadership
- Develop a ‘sales team culture’ of accountability, performance, continuous development and improvement.
- Identify, develop, mentor and manage high potential employees within sales team including providing coaching and regular feedback on performance.
- Timely reporting of performance, together with communicating key performance insights with direct reports including bonus related communication.
- Other Key Deliverables
- Sales Forecast: responsible for creating and maintaining up to date sales forecast, including recommending and agreeing quarterly sales incentive sales targets.
- Online Webstore (B2C and B2B): responsible for operation of online webstore sales; leveraging social media to drive sales; and working with Marketing Director regarding catalogue development, digital assets, content development, social media and website development.
- Netsuite ERP & CRM: As subject matter expert, ensure CRM capabilities are fully and effectively deployed to drive sales and revenue growth including that: ensuring that customer communication is executed through CRMM to ensure communication history is fully maintained; that CRM and Sales Order data integrity is sustained, that data is current and up to date at all times; ensure price lists within Netsuite are up to date and valid at all times; and to report periodically on Account profitability and performance.
- Miscellaneous: Vacation / sickness coverage for Director Product Development & Marketing; Ensure work product is organized and managed in a systematic and orderly manner including proper storage on company google drive; Responsible to maintain Sladeview showroom; other duties as assigned.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Contribute to building a medium size company to new heights
- Potential scope expansion to include ‘services’ side of business as appropriate
- Help grow direct sales across Canada and into United States
- Work with high profile, powerful companies (e.g., Amazon)
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Given the market context, the Company has done well and sales growth evident
- Sales team is stronger; evidence that skills and processes developing to create sustainable foundation for growth over time
- Relationships with owner, COO and Director peers are constructive; collaboration evident by Director of Sales
- Being seen as having long-term potential to grow career within Company
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant combination of education and experience to support success in the role.
- Proven track record in sales revenue development
- Strong portfolio customer account acquisition & management expertise and results
- Experience illustrates effectiveness in managing a distributed sales team
- Highly literate in using integrated ERP and CRM systems (Netsuite used by Company so preferred experience in this system)
- Proven leader / manager of online webstore for B2C and B2B sales
Competencies and Attributes
- High integrity, puts interests of customers, company before personal interests; relationship focused
- Global citizen, level temperament, yet high energy
- Self-starter, takes initiative and can persevere through ebbs and flows of the sales process
- Appreciates and effective in: category, distributed, system oriented approach to sales management
- Leadership, self & others – models, mentors, sets goals and aligns team and engages them in pursuit of those goals leveraging clear, effective processes
- Described as a ‘hunter’ in sales context; yet can also nurture existing customer relationships for intrinsic sales growth
J&R Homes is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and J&R Homes throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AQIX-856304 Director of Sales – J&R Home Products Ltd. - BC - Vancouver and AreaON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.