Director of Sales – Impro Insulation
Impro Insulation, the Ontario division within the POLR group of companies, is a leading supplier of insulation and related products. Impro has maintained local distribution facilities in the Province of Ontario since 1996 and is well known for its highly responsive service both domestically and internationally.
Impro services Ontario’s commercial and industrial markets via its centrally located warehouse in Mississauga, and strategically placed pick-up points in Ontario. Impro is proud of the reputation for clearly meeting and exceeding the service expectations of our valued customers.
Impro also adds value by delivering complete insulation solutions. Working closely with both national and international manufacturers our markets cover a wide range of products that encompass architectural, mechanical and industrial customers. We have the ability to cut, package and customize thermal and acoustical products from materials such as Foamglas®, fiberglass, stonewool and urethane. Impro strives to be distributor of choice for manufacturers and the supplier of choice for our customers offering a variety of insulation and related products.
In partnership with their customers/applicators, Impro is dedicated to help make buildings, plants, facilities and products “Comfortable, Quiet, Safe and Efficient”. Impro is a quality-driven supplier, exceeding customer expectations through service, solutions and flexibility. Culturally, Impro is committed to promoting Passion, Obsession, Leadership and Respect within our team.
Job Title: Director of Sales
Reports to: VP and General Manager, Central Region
Direct Reports :3-4 Outside Sales, 3 Customer Service
Indirect Reports: n/a
Our client is seeking a Director of Sales with a strong track record of success in development of new business and the management of current accounts. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to guide and manage a team of Outside Sales and Customer Service Representatives, while ensuring increased sales growth. The ideal candidate will be able to move from a strict Director of Sales role, into the General Manager role for the business within the next 2-3 years. Therefore, an entrepreneurial spirit, inherent drive, a steady demeanor and strong decision-making skills are essential.
- Responsible for sales and CSR teams in the Ontario marketplace
- Establish sales plans with reps and ensure execution and accountability
- Ensure continued profitable sales growth
- Identify opportunities within existing customer base
- Direct team for new customer/market opportunities for current product lines
- Identify new product opportunities that complement business
- Direct team for new product and market opportunities
- Manage key large volume customers and foster long term relationships
- Manage project initiatives with reps
- Ensure industry leading service levels within CSR teams (direct training initiatives)
- Work closely with Director of Ops on service parameters for customer base and establishing processes.
- Provide on site, hands on leadership. Through that leadership identify shortcomings in processes and establish corrective actions
- Work closely with key suppliers on establishing and delivering mutual goals
- As a member of leadership team, work closely with other units to ensure common goals are met.
- Manage daily business through the branch and monitor to ensure sales and margin targets are met or exceeded
Competencies and Attributes
- Work can be fast paced as our customers expect quick reactions. That customer can be a smaller entrepreneur or a large corporate customer. Has to be comfortable dealing with a tailgate one moment and a boardroom table the next.
- The position is suited for an individual with an entrepreneurial drive. An inquisitive mind that asks “why not” as opposed to “why”.
- Not afraid to challenge and add to discussions but fully understands that once a decision is made they are the one to implement decision with team
- Key component is to move Impro’s market position to a #1 position similar to what we enjoy in Quebec and Atlantic regions. Has to have that drive to succeed.
- A goal driven coach that understands the impacts of making decisions quickly and empowering and supporting team
- It is an independent position with boss based in another region. So ideally a self-motivated person that can look at situations from a field level or when needed a higher perspective.
- We are very much an owner operated business so interaction with ownership takes place on a regular basis. In fact, in our competitive peer group that is used to our advantage. Our ownership is a phone call away and they fully understand our customers business. The same cannot be said for our competitors
- The idea is to have the director of sales move into the GM role in 2-3 year time frame. Within that time we will be implementing a new ERP system as well as doing some physical department moves to free up space and take advantage of synergies with sister companies.
- It’s a common sense business that requires a common sense mindset. The individual can’t wait for someone he has to be the one driving at customer, supplier and internal levels.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: NJohnson@optimumtalent.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ASEJ-134100 Director of Sales – Impro Insulation - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.