Director of Finance – Georgian Bay General Hospital
Optimum Talent is pleased to be partnering with Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH) in their search for a new Director of Finance. Located in Ontario’s historic Huronia Region on the shores of beautiful Georgian Bay, GBGH is just 90 minutes north of Toronto. This 116-bed hospital presently has two sites located in the municipalities of Midland and Penetanguishene. GBGH was established in 2008 following the voluntary integration of Huronia District Hospital and Penetanguishene General Hospital with a long history of providing medical services to the community dating back to the early 1900’s.
As part of this progressive and growing community hospital, the Director of Finance will be instrumental in re-energizing the finance department to fulfil its commitments to its leadership team and Board in serving the community and meeting the upcoming sector challenges.
|Job Title:||Director of Finance|
|Reports to:||Executive Vice President, Corporate Services|
|Direct Reports:||Finance Department – 6 direct reports|
2-3 Financial Analysts, General Accountants, 2-3 Accounting Clerks
Decision Support – 2 Contracted Decision Support Analyst with RVH
|Location:||Midland & Penetanguishene, ON|
Reporting to the Executive Vice President Corporate Services, and as a member of the Hospital’s Senior Team, the Director of Finance collaboratively leads all aspects of financial accounting, financial planning and management, engages with front line leaders, and works closely with the EVP to support the hospital’s leadership team, Board Resources & Audit Committee.
The Director contributes to the achievement of the hospital’s strategic priorities, leads key finance and corporate initiatives, and engages with internal and external stakeholders on budgeting and forecasting, operational and capital planning matters, internal and external statutory financial reporting, business cases, policy development, and compliance.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for the management of the Finance Department and will also oversee the, budgeting, AR functions and provides financial expertise to support new operational and capital investments, while overseeing the day-to-day financial well-being of the hospital. The Director of Finance will also oversee key corporate relationships including the contract relationships with RVH for Decision Support, Mohawk-Medbuy for Accounts Payable Services and Support Services West for Supply Chain.
- Provides supervision and direction to Finance staff
- Contributes to Finance staff development by mentoring staff, providing performance feedback, conducting Performance Management review to all direct reports
- Under the direction of the EVP oversee the completion and/or prepare of all required financial reporting to external agencies including but not limited to funders, and banking institutions
- Develops and oversees the preparation of the hospitals annual operating and capital budgets under the direction of the EVP for presentation to the Senior Team’s approval
- Prepares all monthly financial statements and analysis for presentation to Senior Management and the Board
- In collaboration with the EVH, prepares all working papers for the year-end financial audit
- Coordinates processes to determine the issues and scope of analytical reports
- Prepares and/or directs the analysis and compilation of financial information to hospital leaders, the EVP, and the Board as may be required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Equivalent to University graduation
- Accountant designation: CPA, CA, CMA or CGA
- At least 7 to 10 years’ experience leading all finance functions with at least 3 years of managing a team
- Strong working knowledge of Financial standards including GAAP and Public Sector Accounting rules and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of internal financial controls to safeguard the hospital’s assets
- Extensive experience in leading the development of annual operating and capital budgets in a collaborative manner.
- Curious by nature with excellent problem solving and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Strong management skills with a track record of leading and coaching effective teams through change.
- Well organized and proactive with the ability to deal efficiently and effectively with multiple competing priorities.
- Well-developed skills in facilitation, consultation and negotiation
- Experience interacting and presenting to senior management and Board Committees
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with Public / Government funding organizations is preferred
Competencies and Attributes
- A customer service approach to team members and colleagues
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Excellent at building relationships with both internal & external stakeholders
- Proactive and organized with a focus on accuracy and efficiency
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ALHN-552555 Director of Finance – Georgian Bay General Hospital - ON - Midland (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.