Director of Finance – Georgian Bay General Hospital
Optimum Talent is pleased to be partnering with Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH) in their search for a new Director of Finance. Located in Ontario’s historic Huronia Region on the shores of beautiful Georgian Bay, GBGH is just 90 minutes north of Toronto. This 116-bed hospital presently has two sites located in the municipalities of Midland and Penetanguishene. GBGH was established in 2008 following the voluntary integration of Huronia District Hospital and Penetanguishene General Hospital with a long history of providing medical services to the community dating back to the early 1900’s.
As part of this progressive and growing community hospital, the Director of Finance will be instrumental in re-energizing the finance department to fulfil its commitments to its leadership team and Board in serving the community and meeting the upcoming sector challenges.
Job Title: Director of Finance
Reports to: Vice President, Corporate Services
Direct Reports: Finance Deportment – 6 direct reports: 2 General Accountants, 1 Accounts Payable Clerk, 2 Accounts Receivable Clerks, 1 Analyst (0.25 FTE); Decision Support – 1 direct, 1 indirect: 1 Decision Support Analyst, 1 Contracted Decision Support Analyst
Location: Midland & Penetanguishene, ON
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Services and CFO, the Director of Finance collaboratively leads all aspects of financial planning and management, engages with front line directors and health care leaders, and works closely with the CFO to support the senior leadership team, Board Resources & Audit Committee.
The Director contributes to the achievement of the hospital’s strategic priorities, leads key finance and corporate initiatives, and engages with internal and external stakeholders on budgeting and forecasting, operational and capital planning matters, internal and external statutory financial reporting, business cases, policy development, and compliance.
The Director Finance will be responsible for the front-line management of the Finance Department and will also oversee the, budgeting, AP and AR functions and provides financial expertise to support new operational and capital investments, while overseeing the day-to-day financial well-being of the hospital.
- Develops and oversees the preparation of the hospitals annual operating and capital budgets under the direction of the CFO for presentation to the Senior Team’s approval
- Prepares all monthly financial statements and analysis for presentation to Senior Management and the Board
- In collaboration with the CFO, prepares all working papers for the year-end financial audit
- Coordinates processes to determine the issues and scope of analytical reports
- Prepares and/or directs the analysis and compilation of financial information to hospital leaders, the CFO, and the Board as may be required
- Provides supervision and direction to Finance staff
- Contributes to Finance staff development by mentoring staff, providing performance feedback, conducting Performance Management review to all direct reports
- Under the direction of the CFO oversee the completion and/or prepare of all required financial reporting to external agencies
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Equivalent to University graduation
- Accountant designation: CA, CMA or CGA
- At least 7 to 10 years’ experience leading all finance functions
- Strong working knowledge of the MOHLTC funding formulas, including HBAM, QIP
- Excellent knowledge of internal controls to safeguard the hospital’s assets
- Extensive experience in leading the development the hospital’s annual operating and capital budgets in collaboration with all key stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Strong project oversight and management skills with a track record of leading and coaching effective teams through change.
- Well organized and proactive with the ability to deal efficiently and effectively with multiple competing priorities.
- Expert statistical analysis and process mapping skills
- Well-developed skills in facilitation, consultation and negotiation
- Excellent knowledge of MIS guidelines and experience working with Meditech software
- Extensive experience interacting and presenting to senior management and Board Committees
- Experience with business case development
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Valid Driver’s License
Competencies and Attributes
- A customer service approach
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Strong relationship building with both internal & external stakeholders
- Proactive and organized with a focus on efficiency
- Able to triage multiple competing priorities
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AEBN-520547 Director of Finance – Georgian Bay General Hospital - ON - MidlandPenetanguishene (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.