Director, Marketing & Business Development – RMIS Engineering
RMIS Engineering established in 1994, is a privately owned and operated engineering consulting firm offering a full life-cycle of services to industrial, institutional, as well as commercial clients for roof, building envelopes and fall-protection systems, including: inspections, repairs, replacement, project management as well as ad-hoc project requests within each service area. More detail on the focus area for their services can be reviewed on their web-site at: https://rmiseng.com/ .
Building envelope consulting is a relatively young segment in Canada’s professional engineering field and RMIS differentiation includes a team with deep, focused expertise; effective and efficient processes; and a broad base of experience in their core service areas. Demand remains strong for the core services provided by RMIS. Their philosophy is to strive to exceed client expectations and by doing this consistently, to build and nurture long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with their customers.
This promise to their customers cannot be delivered on if the RMIS team is not current on developments in their core business areas. RMIS has built a strong team atmosphere, are supportive of and encourages their team members to continuously develop themselves professionally. Key to their success also includes team members who are flexible and who are able to take on different assignments as demand ebbs and flows across core business lines and service areas.
RMIS Engineering has been described by its clients as a firm with ‘Integrity’, a firm that takes responsibility for its work, that understands what it takes to deliver to industry standards and provides value-for-money.
This Regina, Saskatchewan based leadership role will be considered for an ownership interest in RMIS Engineering.
Job Title: Director, Marketing & Business Development
Reports to: President & Senior Engineer
Direct Reports: Manager, Client Relations
Indirect Reports: One
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
While based out of Regina, Saskatchewan the role will have responsibility to secure business and develop strong client relationships with companies across the three Prairie provinces. RMIS Engineering current geographic reach includes Saskatchewan and Manitoba. This role is responsible for leading the targeted development of new market opportunities for RMIS and will identify, analyze and promote revenue generating opportunities which align with RMIS current services, or may require the introduction of new services by RMIS to meet emerging market needs. Organic growth as well as growth through acquisition will be considered.
- Participate constructively on the RMIS leadership team; contributing to strategic plan development and accountable to implementing strategic priorities within marketing & business development
- Establish short and long-term market development goals to support business strategy; develop process to monitor and report progress against these goals
- Identify potential market opportunities and conduct analysis to determine priorities; priorities may include market-entry or service innovation; gain leadership support for priorities
- Identify, analyze and facilitate negotiation of potential merger and acquisition strategies for RMIS
- Engage and collaborate with profit centre managers to establish marketing strategies and programs to increase revenue, enhance profitability and meet annual budget goals
- Lead the development of service proposals as required
- Identify potential trade show and other event related market development initiatives. Coordinate attendance and lead all procurement of required resources and materials to support event marketing activities
- Monitor online and print media for potential service opportunities, leading the development of required responses
- Identifies marketing strategies for promoting existing and / or new RMIS service programs to targeted clients, including the development of all required promotional materials
- Work proactively with new clients to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for identifying issues and taking corrective actions in conjunction with other members of the RMIS Engineering leadership team
- Marketing and business development department leadership
- Develop the annual marketing department budgets to support corporate goal achievement
- Approve the department level expenses established in the annual budget
- Responsible for the quality assurance function for all processes within marketing and business development team including validation of the accuracy of all proposals and communication.
- Develop the marketing and business development team to deliver effectively on the expectations inherent in the RMIS strategic and business plans / budgets
Opportunities and Challenges
- Step into an established role in a profitable company with clear growth potential
- Stretch your marketing and business development know-how and expertise leading a comprehensive marketing & business development portfolio with a small team
- Build your reputation as one who can collaborate across functional boundaries to deliver excellence to your internal clients, resulting in growth and increased profitability for the business
- Engage prospective and serve current customers across three prairie provinces
- Contribute to the measured, profitable growth of a unique engineering services firm
- Build your career experience and reputation as a marketing & business development leader by expanding RMIS geographic reach and / or service portfolio through the development and execution of organic and, as appropriate, acquisition growth initiatives
- Consider the merits of and prove your readiness for ownership in the company
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Fully understand RMIS marketing and business development processes
- Clear presence with clients resulting in positive impacts for and good feedback from clients
- ‘Farming’ & ‘Hunting’ strategies within existing lines developed and initiated
- Plan to develop new service lines
- Perceived as a leader. Interacting constructively with operations team; respected by colleagues
- RMIS Engineering growth continues, partly through enhanced levels of activity through slower periods in RMIS annual cycle
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in Marketing, Commerce or Business Administration
- Designations in marketing and / or sales development
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and / or Registered Specification Writer (RSW) is preferred
- At least 7 years professional experience with career progression into functional leadership roles evident for an additional 3 years
- Knowledge of the roofing, business envelope and fall protection industry would be an asset and is preferred
- Clear examples of market development and sales leadership achievements within the construction or adjacent industry sector
Competencies and Attributes
- Proven technical report writer
- Successful lead of fee proposals in response to structured RFQ, RFI and RFPs as well as informal ‘asks’ from customers
- Proficient in use of the MicroSoft Office suite of programs including but not limited to: word, excel and powerpoint
- Success in this role will require:
- Drive and ambition
- Initiative to take independent and / or collaborative action across boundaries within the organization
- Sense of ownership and accountability to success of the role, its function and the business as a whole
- Follow-through and follow-up to ensure commitments made to clients are met / exceeded
- Leadership to peers and colleagues who need guidance, motivation, mentorship and developmental feedback
- Honest, assertive, open and transparent communication to the President / Senior Engineer, to peers and colleagues as well as customers
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AOVH-285087 Director, Marketing & Business Development – RMIS Engineering - SK - Regina (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.