Director- Leasing, Asset Management & Acquisitions – Maclab Development Group
Our company’s founders came to Alberta in 1952. Inspired by the people, the opportunity, and the openness of this place, they chose to stay and to dedicate themselves to building homes that would last for generations.
Six decades later, following their vision, we remain committed to discovery, to building, and to relationships.
When we build, we think about the way we want to live: safely, with beauty and with room to play.
For us, success is long term. It’s about people and their experiences: their first home, their dream home, the park where their children and their grandchildren take their first steps, their view at sunset, their favourite tree.
We see ourselves as neighbours developing neighbourhoods. As a family-owned company, our values and our commitment to our community are non-negotiable. They determine how we treat people, how we choose partners, how we give, how we do business.
Because we are looking thirty, sixty-five, one hundred years into the future, we ask hard questions and listen to the answers before we begin.
We’re creative about how we build and about how we put deals together. Like our founders, we always seek the cleverest way to solve a problem, even if it sometimes means reinventing the rules. When you partner with Maclab, you can be confident we will follow through on our commitments — every time.
Great ideas come from everywhere in our company. We seek them out aggressively and we implement them cooperatively.
The neighbourhoods, buildings, theatres, schools, stores, and playgrounds that we have built will always be a part of us.
Because this is where we live.
Job Title: Director- Leasing, Asset Management and Acquisitions
Reports to: President and Chief Executive Officer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Director- Leasing, Asset Management and Acquisitions is a new role for Maclab Development Group. As the organization continues to grow and explore new opportunities there is a need for strong leadership and management of our retail and commercial interests. The goal will be to grow our commercial presence in the Edmonton market place through stronger positioning and sourcing of opportunities.
This individual will be an important member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for four key areas of Maclab Development Group’s (“Maclab”) business:
- Oversee the leasing, property and asset management of Maclab’s office and retail portfolio and provide input into the design and tenant mix for new developments.
- Identify new acquisitions and repositioning strategies in the retail and office market.
- Manage the relationship with Midwest Property Management and oversee the asset management for Maclab’s multifamily rental portfolio.
- Oversee the management, capital expenditures and operation of Maclab’s hotel interests.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
Property and Asset Management:
- Ensures properties are maintained at a standard consistent with the vision and strategy for each asset and the vision of Maclab Development Group.
- Manages receivables and collects rent in the required timeframe.
- Continuously stay abreast of industry and market trends and provide insight, expertise and knowledge.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the brokerage community ensuring leasing activity is strong and vacancy is filled in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities for acquisition of retail and commercial assets with opportunity to create and add value.
- Provide recommendations for acquisition, manage the due diligence and purchase of commercial assets.
- Work with the development team on the leasing, development and ultimate management of our assets in our new communities. Provide input into tenant mix and deal structure to maximize return of our assets.
Residential Asset Management:
- Manage the relationship with Midwest Property Management, our residential property manager.
- Provide recommendations related to asset management and options for cyclical expenditures.
- Monitor budgets and participate in the annual budget process.
- Maclab owns a 53-room seasonal hotel in Jasper Alberta called Tekarra Lodge. It is managed by Coast Hotels and requires input into the asset management and capital investment.
- This asset is undergoing a capital program that will last several years and this role will perform the role of owner’s representation.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree in Commerce / Finance.
- 6+ years of comprehensive experience in commercial real estate, leasing office, commercial and retail properties, asset management, acquisitions & relationship management.
- Strong relationship building skills especially with partners and stakeholders.
- Experienced professional at structuring and negotiations deals, sound financial and commercial understanding of deals.
- Entrepreneurial, able to move quickly and adept at seeing opportunities.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Interest in continually learning and developing.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ACYO-436876 Director- Leasing, Asset Management & Acquisitions – Maclab Development Group - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.