Director, Information Technology & Transformation – Fire & Flower Cannabis Co.
Fire & Flower Cannabis Co. (“Fire & Flower”) is a leading independent cannabis retailer in Canada. They guide consumers through the complex world of cannabis through education-focused, best-in-class retailing while the Hifyre (a subsidiary of Fire & Flower) digital platform connects consumers with cannabis products. The company’s high performing leadership team combines extensive experience in retail operations with strong capabilities in the cannabis industry.
Operating in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and the Yukon Territory, Fire & Flower continues to grow their national footprint. Their strategic investment from Couche-Tard, which operates 15,000 stores in more than 15 countries, has continued to offer a competitive advantage. The Hifyre digital platform is a major differentiator for Fire & Flower as its loyalty program has allowed the company to adapt quickly to the challenges presented by Covid-19 by connecting with and understanding their customers to offer exceptional customer service.
Fire & Flower Beliefs
Wisdom – Share the knowledge
Respect – Let freedom reign
Inclusion – Proudly Canadian. We celebrate and empower the people that make Canada unique.
For more information on Fire & Flower, please visit: https://fireandflower.com/.
|Job Title:||Director, Information Technology & Transformation|
|Reports to:||Vice President, Information Technology, People & Culture|
|2; Business Applications & Transformation Manager and IT Infrastructure Manager|
The Director, Information Technology & Transformation is responsible for internal corporate information technology. This includes the management and direction of corporate business applications, infrastructure and security, and overseeing both internal and contract resources.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate will foster and champion an environment reflective of the executive leadership team’s entrepreneurial spirit. The Director will lead a high performing team which supports the continued growth of the company and achievement of Fire & Flower’s strategic goals. The Director, Information Director & Transformation will demonstrate keen business acumen and provide strategic leadership to the business through the solution delivery of IT systems and ensure that value delivered is aligned with the organization’s governance and security mandates.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Information Technology, People and Culture to establish annual strategic plans surrounding business processes and all enterprise applications;
- Assists in the development of short, medium and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives;
- Implements inhouse business plan to de-risk the business from external IT resources;
- Provides leadership to the business through the delivery of IT systems and solutions to ensure value delivered is aligned with the organization’s governance and security mandates;
- Ensures department objectives are met by interacting regularly across all functional areas including with senior management and executives;
- Leverages systems and where necessary, re-engineers to ensure alignment with business processes, tactical planning and vision;
- Ensures Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are developed and are aligned with overall strategy; and
- Assists with operational budget development, cost controls and ensuring all operation maintenance issues are reported on a timely basis.
Information Technology Management:
- Partners with business groups to ensure the continuous improvement of IT capabilities and to maximize business value delivered through IT systems;
- Oversees IT technical resources and creates plans to ensure appropriate resources are available;
- Accountable for the implementation and continuous improvement of all IS Services to internal customers, ensuring the delivery of appropriate, timely and quality services to the corporate initiatives and business owners;
- Ensures IT outcomes are clearly defined and implemented;
- Implements ideas to deliver more value through IS services and ITSM processes including improving quality or reducing the cost of delivering services along with the other members of the IS management team;
- Provides recommendations and alternatives for delivering on corporate initiatives and priorities; and
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with key business leaders to better understand their IT needs and expectations.
- Ensures the effective and efficient us of employee resources, including a buffer workforce, to meet project priorities, service levels and work requirements, as well as establish and maintain regular operational performance reporting;
- Provides motivation to the IT and Business Applications team removing roadblocks and ensuring the appropriate resources are available to manage production in a global environment;
- Coaches and mentors team members providing guidance in the resolution of critical issues that may impact established service levels or service expectations;
- Supports organizational success by ensuring appropriate expertise is built and maintained within the IT department; and
- Provides coverage during Help Desk regular hours of operations and on call coverage for after-hours support, for both peak and normal period.
- A leading global cannabis retailer with demonstrated execution of aggressive growth plans supported through partnership with Couche-Tard;
- Strong customer focus backed by an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Best-In-Class Management and Governance;
- Value proposition with proprietary Hifyre digital retail and analytics platform; and
- The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to put their mark on developing the IT department.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business, forging relationships across the organization with senior leaders and with external vendors and partners;
- Demonstrate keen business acumen and leadership through collaboration with key stakeholders and mature the IT Strategic Roadmap;
- Progress a multitude of high-impact projects currently underway that are scheduled deliverables in the fiscal year;
- Build an internal high-performing IT team to de-risk the business and to successfully transition and integrate IT services in-house; and
- Consolidate systems to integrate merchant and finance business more effectively.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences & Information Systems.
- At least 10 years of IT experience in progressively increasing IT management roles;
- Experience in the retail environment supporting IT across remote locations;
- Track record of success managing and implementing ERP and financial systems and processes;
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint Online Administration and Azure AD Administration;
- Experience creating IT business cases, including full ROI and TCO analysis; and
- IT background across multiple disciplines including infrastructure and business applications.
Competencies and Attributes
- Analytical: Approaches issues in a systematic manner, leveraging insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies.
- Business and Financial Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the organization and takes responsibility to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Change Management: Ability to gain buy in from all stakeholder groups to lead change. Effectively manages and implements policy or procedural change. Ability to lead the team through change with limited impact on service delivery. Proactively communicates project status to all stakeholders.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with non-technical professionals when delivering complex technical information. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willing to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Critical Thinking: Makes strong decisions using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Cultivates Innovation: Paying attention to what customers want and need – new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences. Taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view.
- Customer Focus: Continuously pays attention to customer needs adapting as they evolve. Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions to both internal and external clients.
- Decision Quality: Good decisions are based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Making quality decisions while working in an environment where ambiguity and uncertainty are the norm.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Fire & Flower.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: An attitude and approach to thinking is to actively seek out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. Mindset where you ask critical questions, innovate and seek continuous improvement.
- Flexible: Pays attention to the circumstance and adjusts accordingly. Demonstrates ability to be nimble and responsive to external factors impacting business success.
- Innovative: Drives the project forward, keeping up to date with trends. Brings a creative approach to solving problems and out of box thinking.
- Leadership: Provides the coaching, support, encouragement and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Models positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported. Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences as needed.
- Project Management: Delivers excellence and creates a culture of accountability with respect to project delivery. Proactively analyzes project status, communicates project milestones and mitigates organizational risk. Brings leadership and clear lines of accountability to the project by providing vision, motivation, coaching and removing roadblocks while inspiring the team to do their best work.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting goals and objectives, and integrates planning efforts across functions.
- Solutions Oriented: Drives to results. Motivated to accomplish tasks to achieve project milestones. Faces challenges as opportunities and inspires same in others.
- Visionary: Ability to set and articulate a vision. Readily gains buy in to vision from team, peers, shareholders and stakeholders.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANLP-538330 Director, Information Technology & Transformation – Fire & Flower Cannabis Co. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.