Director – Human Resources | Prepac Manufacturing Ltd.
Prepac Manufacturing is a leading e-commerce retailer and manufacturer of RTA (Ready to Assemble) furniture with operations near Vancouver, BC and Greensboro, North Carolina. Its products are sold to the top e-commerce retailers and drop shipped to end consumers across North America.
Mission: To become the best supplier of innovative, stylish, and value-based home furnishings. We will deliver this value to Customers by providing an exceptional experience, on-time, every time. Our goals will be accomplished in a work environment that is rewarding and encourages ongoing improvement, innovation, and communication.
Vision: To be the Best Vendor & Drop Ship Specialist of RTA Furniture & Home Furnishings.
For further information about Prepac Manufacturing Ltd., please visit their website at www.prepacmfg.com.
|Reports to:||Vice President, Finance|
|Location:||Delta, British Columbia|
The Director, Human Resources is a newly structured position which will be a key fixture in Prepac Manufacturing’s leadership team. Working closely with the VP, Finance and the President, the Director of Human Resources will develop, implement, and manage people strategies and practices that will support the advancement of the organization’s growth and operational objectives. This role will define the objectives to attract, hire, retain, and engage a loyal workforce. Focused on all aspects of employee experience, this individual will foster the Prepac culture through all recruitment, onboarding, performance management, training, and development activities.
Working with the leadership committee, the Director, Human Resources will provide regular reporting on key HR metrics and the success of the company’s people practices. This role will also work closely with the Director of Manufacturing Operations, Production Manager, East-Coast Plant, and all staff.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional to contribute to the continued growth of a leading e-commerce manufacturing organization.
Staff Planning, Recruitment, and Selection
- Manages staff planning activities, and develops a recruitment strategy in a way that promotes a positive employer brand
- Ensures current position profiles are in place for all positions
- Develops tools and provides coaching to managers to help formalize recruitment and selection process
Communications and Employee Relations
- Acts as the company’s resource on all aspects of the employee experience; exemplifies the company’s commitment to the employees’ personal and professional success
- Conducts investigations when employee concerns arise; focuses on resolving the issues
- Addresses any employee grievances related to the collective agreement; ensures all actions are documented and reported
- Participates in employee disciplinary meetings, suspensions, and terminations
- Creates and implements a communications strategy to promote Prepac as a great place to work
People Operations and Program Development
- Develops an onboarding program for new employees; ensures managers are trained to successfully integrate all new team members
- Establishes ongoing performance planning to ensure all employees receive regular feedback from their manager/ supervisor on their progress, job satisfaction, goal setting, and skill development
- Participates in safety meetings and contributes to the roll-out of new initiatives
- Collaborates with the HR Manager and Generalist at the North Carolina plant to manage and implement programs that align with the company’s culture
- Leads the selection and implementation of an HRIS system
- Formalizes exit interview procedures and provides employee feedback to management; makes recommendations to address any issues
Talent Retention and Development
- Determines the factors that drive employee retention and coordinates the delivery of those drivers
- Identifies development needs, and coordinates training program roll-out; maximizes use of government grants
- Refines the company’s reward program to ensure exemplary performance is acknowledged
- Uses performance metrics to demonstrate the impact of retention efforts
- Provides counsel on the impact of planning and decision-making on people practices and achievement of business goals
- Reports regularly to the leadership team providing staffing levels, forecasts, recruitment activity, compensation issues, vacation scheduling, sick or personal leaves, and terminations to support decision-making for staff planning
- Provides trend analysis on employee activities to address issues impeding a high performing workplace
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Understand the company’s structure, business flow and project management process, including corporate and administrative operations
- Manage recruitment activities and develop a meaningful onboarding process that can be applied across positions
- Assist to develop the middle management bench strength
- Conduct a review of compensation/incentive programs and make recommendations for improvements
- Implement a project plan for HRIS
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in a related field
- CPHR Designation
- Minimum 10 years of progressive HR experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership capacity. Manufacturing industry experience is an asset
- Expertise in developing the recruitment and onboarding function
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all employees
- Demonstrates the trust and approachability needed to become the go-to person for employees; experience working with unionized staff and collective agreements is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR policies that drive a healthy workplace through recruitment, onboarding, employee development, compensation, and total rewards
- Experience evaluating and implementing HRIS systems
- Capable of developing and executing training programs, and evaluating their success
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Prepac Manufacturing Ltd is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher Executive Search throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please email a cover letter & resume in confidence to our Vancouver Gallagher Executive Search team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information received will be treated in the strictest confidence. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only the candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A025110 (AJFK-013254) Director – Human Resources | Prepac Manufacturing Ltd. - BC - Vancouver and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.