Director, Human Resources – Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation
Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (CUDGC) is a Provincial corporation established under the Alberta Credit Union Act and administered by a Board of Directors appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council of Alberta.
The mandate of CUDGC is to provide risk-based regulatory oversight and a deposit guarantee to enable a safe and sound credit union system in Alberta. This includes enforcing the Credit Union Act, advising credit unions on sound business practices, monitoring credit union performance, and implementing appropriate risk-reducing measures.
Three interrelated core operations contribute to filling this mandate:
- Guaranteeing 100% of deposits held with Alberta credit unions,
- Regulating credit unions, and
- Managing their business.
The “Corporate Values” of CUDGC are: Integrity, Respect, Accountability
For further information, please visit CUDGC’s website at http://www.cudgc.ab.ca/
|Job Title:||Director, Human Resources|
|Reports to:||President & CEO|
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director, Human Resources is the key strategic resource to the Executive Team, providing expert human resources direction, guidance, and consultative advice as it relates to the corporate direction and alignment. The Director, Human Resources is responsible for leading and executing strategic human resource management plans and functions across the Corporation to advance human resources processes and practices.
Strategic Executive Resource
- Partners with and provides consultative advice directly to the President & CEO and / or Executive Team on strategic human resources solutions and initiatives, attending executive team meetings as required;
- Supports the Chair, Governance and HR Committee of the Board in Human Resource matters for the Corporation, attending Board and/or Committee meetings as required;
- Ensures consistent and standard HR processes and practices across the Corporation; and
- Identifies opportunities for and participates in the development of strategic plans including business plans and budgeting, board and committee reporting, compensation, policies, strategy advancements, etc.
Organizational Development and Change
- Provides regular and ongoing organizational monitoring and assessment of the alignment between corporate strategic direction and optimal organizational structures, processes, and programs;
- Demonstrates disciplined change management practices in the roll out of people-centric changes to the Corporation, including key messaging, stakeholder impact and readiness, detailed workplans and reinforcement and accountability measures; and
- Assists the Executive and Management Teams in setting a case for change, securing sponsorship and buy-in, mitigating risk and resistance, and assembling necessary resources to execute internal projects.
Operational HR Oversight and Delivery
- Leads the development and implementation of all human resources transactional service offerings; including human resources planning, recruitment and retention strategies, onboarding, succession planning, position profiling and job descriptions, and competency development;
- Leads ongoing process (internal or outsourced) for the assessment of compensation, job classification, benefits, learning and development, employee engagement, and culture providing recommendation to the Executive Team;
- Establishes and provides mentoring support to leaders, and employees to achieve corporate and individual career growth objectives;
- Manages the performance management program for the Corporation which includes coaching for supervisors and facilitating performance plans, assessments, and scorecards; and
- Leads all employee health and wellness initiatives inclusive of employee relations, occupational health & safety, emergency preparedness, work-life balance, ergonomics, etc.
- Communicates departmental and corporative objectives and necessary work requirements;
- Supports the Executive Team and other various stakeholders with the development of internal and external corporate communications and key messaging, as required; and
- Performs periodic quality assurance reviews on internal and external corporate messaging and communications.
Leadership & Relationships
- Builds and promotes healthy, effective, and productive partnerships and relationships with the Management Team and across all Corporate business units;
- Serves as a standing member of and actively participates in Management Team meetings, offering expert human resources insights and gathering key input from colleagues;
- Leads and directs activities of the Human Resources Team;
- Manages needs and expectations for information exchange;
- Negotiates desired, broad scope, moderate impact outcomes;
- Represents the Corporation in a positive manner;
- Selects and manages outsourced supplier/provider relationships; negotiates and manages contract terms and conditions within defined guidelines; and
- Manage quality levels and evaluate service.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Gain a solid understanding of the complex nature of the organization, and how this role and team impacts that complexity.
- Build positive and trusted relationships within the Human Resources Team, the Corporation, and the broader stakeholder group.
- Identify and implement impactful HR planning initiatives that align with CUDGC’s strategic plan.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree or certification in Business or Human Resources, plus other equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) certification is an asset.
- 10+ years job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Financial institution, public sector, and/or government experience is an asset.
- Understanding of various legislation, including privacy and employment standards.
- Understanding of/experience with the credit union system is an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience communicating effectively to internal and external audiences (i.e. Executive team, Board, employees, public messaging).
- Experience leading strategic projects/initiatives is an asset.
- Supervisory experience providing direction and leadership.
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to develop, implement, and evaluate human resource projects and initiatives;
- Demonstrated understanding and successful application of change management processes;
- Strong decision making, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal skills with an ability to effectively communicate complex human resources information to a variety of audiences; and
- Well-developed computer skills and working knowledge of technology infrastructures.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and is essential to service excellence. CUDGC welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with the provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and CUDGC throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AUXN-246266 Director, Human Resources – Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.