Director, Human Resources – Anatolia Tile & Stone
Job Title: Director Human Resources
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Vaughan, ON
The Director of Human Resources, will provide insight and expertise to the ownership and leadership of the company relating to the function and its increasingly important impact in supporting an overall growth strategy. This will include every facet of HR with a specific and immediate focus on employment relations and overall engagement as well as relationship development and interaction with the ownership team. The broad North American customer base coupled with the global structure of the company will mean that the successful candidate will need to have experience and perspective to address the complexity of relationships and interactions associated with a growing and diverse organization. The successful candidate will consult and develop relationships with business Directors and Managers as they grow their teams. Although stationed in the Vaughan head office, directives will be centred on providing support to their US distribution centre based in Savannah, Georgia and will interact as required with their manufacturing and distribution operations in Turkey. It is important to note that Turkish HR function is managed by a separate resource and leadership team.
- Create trusted relationships with Business Managers and Directors, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of Anatolia’s overall business model aligned to performance and results.
- Create cohesive and eﬀective partnerships between HR and Business Owners, Directors and Managers in support of business needs.
- Manage all existing HR programs/initiatives (e.g .Employee Relations, Annual Pay Review Cycle, Performance Planning, etc.) and ensure there effective use and adaption as the business evolves.
- Develop organizational capabilities by partnering with ownership, Directors and Managers proactively to support talent development and retention eﬀ
- Act as a mentor and trusted advisor to the ownership, Interact with Directors, Managers and high performing colleagues in order to address their overall career development and progression.
- Ensure performance management is being eﬀectively employed in support of a high-performance culture.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and the business to assess needs and develop workforce planning strategies.
- Act as a resource that can continually improve cross cultural capability between departments, promote collaborative decision-making, remove barriers and set the infrastructure for continued, scalable growth.
- Provide thought leadership related to strategic delivery and based on unique on the ground perspective to segment or company-wide teams preparing change management plans for major talent-related initiatives.
- Minimum 10 years professional, progressive HR success leading organizations through signiﬁcant growth and transformation. Ability to consult on a broad HR Portfolio with an integrated, global perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to consult, inﬂuence and partner with owners and senior leaders in developing/executing people strategies to drive business performance with a focus on scalable, long-term, global growth.
- Proven experience or gained understanding of working in entrepreneurial settings. Initiative to work proactively, independently and decisively in order to get things done.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to impart change, improvement and development within the function and throughout the business to meet stated goals.
- Strong relationship management skills at all levels of the organization with strong business acumen.
- Technologically savvy. Anatolia is a paperless environment making proficiency in systems and various applications such as Excel a valued and necessary asset
- Hands on orientation. Lead by example and balance high level and tactical on-the-ground issues with equal ability
- Advanced detail orientation. Strong ability to prioritize and set actions plans in place to meet desired goals
- Proven success anticipating changes required within the business and driving such changes in partnership with business leaders and owners
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior level leaders.
- Strong training facilitation skills to conduct sessions virtually and in person for both managerial and leadership audiences.
- Ability to build cost/beneﬁt analysis to justify investment in HR and people strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor junior HR professionals.
- Strong Employee Relation skill set coupled with good HR project management capability
- Collaborative, supportive and approachable disposition. Able to work effectively with all levels of a business
- Proven success resolving complex HR issues with working knowledge of employment law and HR trends in both Canada and the USA
- University degree coupled with appropriated HR accreditation
- Excellent proficiency in MS Oﬃce (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES
- Established as a valued and sought after resource by the ownership group and senior leaders in the business.
- Stabilized the HR function through engagement of direct reports and the utilization of all programs associated with the function.
- Play the leadership role in creating a culture of interaction and collaboration between all levels and functions of the business.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AYLI-666620 Director, Human Resources – Anatolia Tile & Stone - ON-Vaughan (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.