Director, Global Sales and Business Development – Thermon Heating Systems
Thermon Inc. is a global leader in the manufacturing of industrial process heating solutions. Thermon acquired CCI Thermal Technologies now Thermon Heating Systems Inc. (THS) which has added valuable lines of products to serve a much broader set of end user markets. Whether it’s the power generation, transportation, or global energy market THS is well position to be the vendor of choice for their environmental and process heating solutions.
Job Title: Director, Global Sales & Business Development, THS
Reports to: Senior Vice President, THS
Direct Reports: 8 Direct Reports Globally
The Director, Global Sales & Business Development will be responsible for the achievement of sales and revenue objectives for the newly acquired THS business. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for developing and owning the Eastern Hemisphere expansion for the THS business – capitalizing on the already-existing infrastructure and channels to market the legacy Thermon business maintains.
The Director, Global Sales & Business Development will be the single point of contact for the SVP Thermon Heating Systems for aligning sales, business development, and customer service organizations. As the owner of the front end of the business, expect daily interactions with the SVP, regional Vice Presidents for Thermon, Business Development and Sales personnel from around the globe. It is essential that the candidate have experience with building world-class teams, and that he/she be prepared to recruit, train, and develop sales talent. Importantly, the candidate will maintain a sense of ownership of the relationships we have with current and future customers. This relationship will drive the person in this role to work with marketing to educate the customer and improve the customer experience at every turn. Manages and directs the selling activities, expense budgeting, and marketing activities of direct reports to achieve assigned objectives.
- Lead a team of Regional Sales Manager globally
- Work strategically with key leadership and teams within Thermon to identify new
- opportunities to increase the products visibility in the market
- Works tirelessly to position Thermon as the partner of choice in our chosen end‐markets
- Work with company leadership to understand market strategy and define future plans
- Build strategies for evaluating agent and distribution partnerships globally
- Develop and sustain close relationships with clients to promote future growth
- Maintain ratio of 70% client facing to 30% internal focus
- Participate in seminars and trade shows to promote Interpretive products
- Quarterly and annual bottoms‐up budgeting and forecasting
- Recruit, hire and mentor a world‐class sales team
- Participates in the development of sales goals and assignment of geographic territories
- Manages, motivates, and guides team to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Coaches team in the development of skills and abilities necessary for maximum territory success, and develops and implements individual career development plans for each direct report
- Drives the use of CRM to record current accurate and complete account activity, andaccount and contact information
- Measure and reports on sales productivity and effectiveness
- Lead planning and reporting processes with leadership to develop and attain financial targets
- Proactively conveys timely information to leadership to provide market intelligence, customer information, field sales activities, events, changes, and trends to maximize sales, revenue, and marketing opportunities.
- Attend and present at industry conferences, trade shows and customer meetings as needed
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related field
- Ten (10) or more years of sales/business development experience in a professional services environment or industry relevant firm required
- Proven track record of developing business relationships with C-level executives (CEOs, CFOs, Board of directors, etc.) and referral sources (attorneys, bankers, etc.) required
- Willingness and ability to travel by 50% of the time (National and International travel); fairly frequent trips to the EMEA region, including Russia
Competencies and Attributes
- Ability to engage in self-directed, high-impact, value-added work for the Thermon Heating Systems business
- Energy, motivation, enthusiasm, and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills – with the ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete objectives and goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to develop and give oral presentations to both large and small groups
- Strong analytical skills and capability to understand complex problems/issues
- Understanding of business drivers, trends and client needs
- Willingness to communicate openly, honestly, and often with the leadership team to achieve objectives
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AKUJ-250288 Director, Global Sales and Business Development – Thermon Heating Systems - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.