Director, Finance – Rotaflow
Rotaflow is Western Canada’s premier full-service Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) firm based in Edmonton. For nearly 25 years they have worked with the world’s leading energy companies including Suncor, Gibson Energy, Husky, TC Energy and Cenovus.
Rotaflow is comprised of a team of licensed professionals including project managers, engineers, highly skilled tradespeople and administrators who are committed to delivering the best results for their client projects on time and on budget. They understand the unique nature of the Oilsands business, operational and regulatory requirements and processes, and the impact (risk) that fire and utility upsets can have on the bottom line.
Safety – First
- Safety starts with me
- Safety is our culture and not just a program
- If you see it, you own it
One Team Spirit
- Respect for one another
- Be fair & honest
- Earn & maintain trust
- Serve with gratitude and appreciation
- Keep promises
- Always be ethical & professional
- Eager to learn
- Strive to do better
- Learn & train, mentor & coach
- I take ownership of my work and I am accountable for the results, including safety
- Do the right thing, always
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes but when you do, own them, learn from them and do not repeat the same mistake
For more information on Rotaflow please visit https://www.rotaflow.ca
|Job Title:||Director, Finance|
|Reports to:||Chief Operating Officer|
|Direct Reports:||5 – Finance Manager; Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable; Payroll; Project Accountant; and Supply Chain|
As a member of the leadership team, the Director, Finance will lead the accounting/finance and supply chain departments. The successful candidate will be a trusted advisor, confident in making financial decisions and will spend significant time in establishing the financial metrics and performance strategy for Rotaflow.
- Engage and become an integral part of the leadership team by providing strategic recommendations for the organization;
- Develop financial plans and policies that assist in the development of organizational strategies;
- Advise on the role finance can proactively play in planning for long-term business success and planning;
- Translate the corporate strategy and executive mandate into formalized financial systems and processes to achieve strategic priorities and outcomes; and
- Lead the organization’s budget development and oversight processes.
- Oversee the full accounting cycle, credit, finance and asset management;
- Oversee the adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, financial control measures, and monitor standards and performance;
- Prepare and/or review of reporting packages; monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports with respect to production, growth, profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets;
- Demonstrate innovation by keeping apprised of economic trends and best in class practices applying to the organization as appropriate to fulfill the overall corporate strategy;
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to financial practices enhancing and implementing new processes to support expediated decision making at the strategic level; and
- Act as the key liaison for financial audit, tax filing and compliance.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships throughout the Rotaflow organization and with stakeholders;
- Provide leadership, support, guidance, coaching and direction throughout the finance department; and
- Be present, engaged and a role model of professional conduct pursuing excellence in execution, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and producing creative and/or unique solutions.
- Rotaflow is an organization that is on a dynamic growth trajectory;
- Long term presence at world class industrial sites;
- A safety-oriented culture with one team spirit; and
- Continuous learning & development – it is part of their core values to invest in their people.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization;
- Create and ensure the timely delivery of accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly operational financial reports;
- Develop annual budgets for the different departments within the organization;
- Complete the partial implementation of their financial software system which will help optimize and streamline their reporting capabilities; and
- Demonstrate strong leadership with an ability to set, articulate and engage the team in a clear vision.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; and
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is required.
- A total of 15 years’ experience in accounting with 5 years in a leadership role;
- Track record of success thriving in an environment with autonomy while providing strong, decisive leadership to the accounting/finance team;
- Industry and/or construction knowledge preferred;
- Experience participating or leading the process related to mergers and/or acquisitions;
- Experience in raising capital;
- Experience with board reporting;
- Experience with project accounting:
- Experience negotiating contract terms;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; and
- Familiarity with Spectrum financial system is considered an asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Business and Financial Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the organization and takes responsibility to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willing to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Decision Quality: Good decisions are based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- Detailed: Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently. Handles details meticulously and makes very few mistakes.
- Develops Talent: Developing the team to meet both their career goals and Rotaflow goals. Creating pools of people ready and willing to take on new challenges and step up when needed.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Rotaflow’s growth goals.
- Innovative: Drives the project forward, keeping up to date with trends. Brings a creative approach to solving problems and out of box thinking.
- Leadership: Collaborative leader that provides the coaching, support, encouragement, and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Models positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported. Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences as needed.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
- Strategic Leadership: Fosters the development of a common vision providing clear direction and priorities and clarifying roles and responsibilities. Sets the tone for the organization’s culture and ensures succession in management and leadership. Can work independently in setting goals for team to execute Rotaflow’s strategies.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting goals and objectives, and integrates planning efforts across functions.
- Teamwork: Builds commitment to a common vision and shared values. Uses the team dynamics to create an open and constructively critical group that pushes the development of each individual. Will work hands on with the team when needed.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ALGD-435353 Director, Finance – Rotaflow - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.