Director, Finance – Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers
Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers (“Lloyd Sadd”) is a local commercial insurance provider with the backing of a strong national network. Founded in 1941 with locations in Edmonton and Calgary, Lloyd Sadd provides risk management and loss prevention services to various public, private and not-for-profit organizations that are innovative leaders within Alberta’s energy, construction, transportation, hospitality and manufacturing sectors.
In 2014 Lloyd Sadd and Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc. joined forces to create Navacord. Offering a unique ownership model and value proposition that benefits both clients and partners by combing boutique experience with the backing and stability of a national firm.
Their goal is to provide clients with expert advice in risk management and insurance. Offering a wealth of expertise through a local, high-touch service model with the support of an international network.
Lloyd Sadds’s moto: We Listen. We Think. We Deliver.
Lloyd Sadd Values:
- Supportive Relations: We value lasting connections with clients, suppliers, and employees. We provide guidance, when and where you need it.
- Passionate and Unique: We are dedicated to the success of our current and future clients. By understanding all our products and their applications, we find creative solutions for your specific needs.
- Stable Investments: We constantly invest in our people, our business, and our community and assure secure coverage.
- Forward-Thinking: We always look forward and constantly improve and with Lloyd Sadd, you have access to diverse product offerings and quality advice because our experience in different sectors.
For further information on Lloyd Sadd, please visit: https://www.lloydsadd.com/.
|Job Title:||Director, Finance|
|Reports to:||President & Chief Executive Officer|
|5; Financial Analyst, Payroll & Benefits Coordinator, Accountant, Accounting Assistant and Junior Assistant Accountant|
As a member of both the Executive and Senior Leadership Teams, the Director Finance will primarily support Lloyd Sadd and will also assist other Navacord West Broker Partners. The successful candidate will be a trusted advisor and influencer within the leadership team and will spend significant time establishing the financial performance strategy.
The Director, Finance is responsible for the management of the accounting, finance, and payroll department and will provide key support to the business for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for the annual budget, forecasting future financial trends, performing variance analysis and working with the Navacord team on financial projections and key initiatives.
- Engage and become an integral part of the leadership team to create and support the company’s strategic direction;
- Advise on the role finance can proactively play in planning for success; being more competitive and remaining at the forefront of the industry;
- Translate the corporate strategy and executive mandate into formalized financial systems and processes to achieve strategic priorities and outcomes;
- Partner with leaders from other departments and identify revenue and cost drivers; and
- Lead the organization’s budget development and oversight processes.
- Oversee the full accounting cycle, credit, finance and asset management;
- Oversee the adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, internal financial controls, and government regulations while communicating and updating the impact of the required changes in those regulations;
- Prepare and/or review of reporting packages; monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports with respect to production, growth, profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets;
- Demonstrate innovation by keeping apprised of industry trends and best in class practices applying to the organization as appropriate;
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to financial practices enhancing and implementing new processes to support expediated decision making at the strategic level;
- Develop and track financial standards and metrics;
- Project liquidity levels and cash flow for quarterly distribution;
- Key liaison for financial audit, tax filing and compliance;
- Track and report on business acquisitions;
- Provide financial support to Navacord West partners, including integration of financial systems; and
- Work closely with the Navacord Director of Finance on a variety of Navacord projects.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships throughout the Lloyd Sadd organization and with Navacord stakeholders;
- Provide leadership, support, guidance, coaching and direction to the various levels throughout the finance department (including all transactions related to receivables, payables, trust accounts, expenses compensation schedule, payroll and financial reporting);
- Be present and engaged; be a role model of professional conduct pursuing excellence in execution, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and producing creative and/or unique solutions;
- Demonstrate an ability to anticipate outcomes and to adjust approaches and internal services accordingly; and
- Successfully execute action strategies resulting from employee engagement feedback and patterns specific to the finance department.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization and solicit feedback about existing internal and external services, seeking collaborative input in developing new programs/services;
- Present financial results to the Executive Leadership Team and at the quarterly business review meetings;
- Partner with leaders across the organization to identify revenue and cost drivers;
- Lead the annual budget process by working with the Executive team and Senior Advisors to build budget assumptions, individual sales budgets, consolidation and approvals; and
- Share appropriate company information with employees and, promote interpersonal communication and successful conflict resolution.
- Preferred insurance brokerage that offers a wealth of expertise through a local, high-touch service model with the support of an international network;
- Join a team positioned for continued growth backed by an organization that fully supports individual career development;
- Lloyd Sadd and its partnership with Navacord creates a strong national network;
- An entrepreneurial team that is flexible and embraces new ways of doing things; and
- Lloyd Sadd is proud to support numerous initiatives in their communities, having raised over $50,000 each year for local and regional charities.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization in its entirety including key business drivers and relationship with Navacord;
- Demonstrate strong leadership with an ability to set, articulate and engage the team in a clear vision;
- Lead in the growth and development of the Finance department by providing recommendations and implementing new processes that help the business succeed; and
- Create a trusting work environment where employees feel supported.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; and
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in a complex fast-paced environment;
- Industry knowledge and familiarity with ‘Applied Epic’ financial system considered an asset;
- Track record of keeping apprised on industries tends relative to accounting system software;
- Track record of success leading and mentoring teams; and
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Competencies and Attributes
- Business and Financial Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the organization and takes responsibility to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willing to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Cultivates Innovation: Pays attention to what customers want and need – new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences. Taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view.
- Develops Talent: Developing the team to meet both their career goals and Lloyd Sadd’s goals. Creating pools of people ready and willing to take on new challenges and step up when needed.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Lloyd Sadd.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: An attitude and approach to thinking is to actively seek out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. Mindset where you ask critical questions, innovate and seek continuous improvement.
- Flexible: Pays attention to the circumstance and adjusts accordingly. Demonstrates ability to be nimble and responsive to external factors impacting business success.
- Innovative: Drives the project forward, keeping up to date with trends. Brings a creative approach to solving problems and out of box thinking.
- Leadership: Collaborative leader that provides the coaching, support, encouragement and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Models positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported. Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences as needed.
- Strategic Leadership: Fosters the development of a common vision providing clear direction and priorities and clarifying roles and responsibilities. Sets the tone for the organization’s culture and ensures succession in management and leadership.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting goals and objectives, and integrates planning efforts across functions.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AGYA-476338 Director, Finance – Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.