Director, Customer Service – Yardstick Technologies Inc.
Yardstick Technologies was founded to be the market leader in IT outsourcing to small and medium businesses in Western Canada. Technology can be either a competitive advantage or a difficult challenge for small and medium businesses depending on how they approach IT. Yardstick Technologies purpose is to help businesses make smart decisions that leverage technology to further companies’ business strategy. Yardstick Technologies believes that technology choices can help businesses “WIN” and that just having technology superiority is not a strategy by itself but part of a company’s greater vision.
Founded in 2008, their portfolio of fixed-fee services includes fully and hybrid managed IT solutions, cloud computing/infrastructure as a service, Backup and Disaster Recovery, IT strategy and Consulting and Professional Services.
For Yardstick Technologies, pursuing excellence is taking an ordinary task and doing it extraordinary well by going above and beyond what is expected.
- Excellence: pursuing excellence is taking an ordinary task and doing it extraordinary well by going above and beyond what is expected.
- Simplify: we make IT simple! We continually look to make things better and we know that clear and simple steps lead to success.
- Listen: to do things right the first time, we approach everything with an understanding, which requires us to listen. When people are listened to, then everything changes.
- Care: Caring is a building block of any relationship and the fuel to Yardstick Technologies’ culture and our exceptional customer service
- Celebrate: celebrating is about creating a culture that inspires people to bring out the best in each other and make each other feel valued.
For more information, please visit: https://www.yardsticktechnologies.com/
|Job Title:||Director, Customer Service|
|Reports to:||Chief Operating Officer|
The Director, Customer Service, will be responsible for leading and managing the service team. Ensuring that customers experience the highest level of customer service while meeting and/or exceeding Key Performance Indicators.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional leader who excels in people leadership and is technologically savvy, but also very strong at implementing LMA (Leadership, Management & Accountability). The Director, Customer Service will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and troubleshooting solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure the Yardstick Customer Service team is happy and highly engaged in the workplace;
- Monitor and improve the overall performance of the customer service team;
- Key focus in the areas of live call answer, first call resolution and average resolution time;
- Consistently drive quality and consistency to achieve 98% on CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) score;
- Implement active time management to improve efficiency of the customer service team;
- Monitor and control service delivery costs in alignment with Managed Service Provider economics;
- Work closely with the customer relationship team to optimize the customer experience
- Participate in the company leadership team meetings;
- Facilitate department meetings, driving to understand and solve department level issues;
- Identify and provide constructive feedback through effective use of 1 on 1 meetings; and
- Ensure staff development commitments are being met.
- Join a team that celebrates success;
- As an IT company they understand the stress and urgency from a unique perspective than most organizations, and to balance they invest heavily in their teams and social events;
- Yardstick Technologies is a growing company that has a first-class onboarding program and organizational processes to support growth; and
- A company that invests in their people through team and professional development training opportunities.
FIRST YEAR EXPECTATIONS
- Build trusting, open, collaborative, and respectful relationships throughout the organization with employees and management;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization in its entirety through the onboarding process; and
- Develop an understanding of the culture of the team and what motivates them personally and professionally.
SECOND YEAR DELIVERABLES | MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators in the areas of:
- Live call answer, first call resolution and average resolution time; and
- Consistently drive results around quality and consistency to achieve 98% on CSAT score.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a substantial sized team;
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in an IT or technical environment;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within a customer service environment;
- Experience working with a Managed Service Provider (MSP); and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Competencies and Attributes
- Analytical: Approaches issues in a systematic manner, leveraging insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to work under pressure and deal with constraints that are often outside your control or unforeseen changes or problems.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with non-technical professionals when delivering complex technical information. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willingness to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Critical Thinking: Makes strong decisions using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail Oriented: the ability to accomplish or complete a task while demonstrating a through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitoring and checking work for information, while organizing time and resources efficiently.
- Emotional Intelligence: The ability to recognize your own emotions and those of others, discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information to guide thinking and behaviour. To manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt to environments or achieve goals. The ability to control and express your emotions, and to handle interpersonal relations judiciously and empathetically.
- Leadership: Provides the coaching, support, encouragement, and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of personal, departmental, and organizational goals and objectives. Models’ positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported.
- People Leadership: Ability to inspire and focus the team on goal achievements. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the organization’s values and demands same from others.
- Responsible: Willingness to be answerable for an outcome. Commitment to accept responsible for outcomes often falters when individuals are confronted with blame for insufficient result.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Believes good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
- Self-Motivated: Ability to motive yourself. Keep going even in the face of set-back, to take up opportunities and to show commitment to what you want to achieve.
Yardstick Technologies Inc. is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and Yardstick Technologies Inc. throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AXGO-832422 Director, Customer Service – Yardstick Technologies Inc. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.