Director, Strategic Communications & Partnerships – S.U.C.C.E.S.S.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S., one of the largest non-profit social services organizations in Canada that offers a variety of different programs and services to its clients, is seeking a Director, Strategic Communications & Partnerships to join its leadership team.
Established in 1973, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is one of the largest not-for-profit social service agencies in British Columbia. Its diverse team of more than 500 staff deliver a multitude of services, from Newcomers Settlement and Affordable Housing to Seniors Care, across British Columbia. S.U.C.C.E.S.S. also provides integrated services for newcomers in Toronto, Ontario, as well as overseas offices in China and South Korea. In 2019, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. assisted more than 72,000 clients globally.
Based in Vancouver and reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will be responsible for the overall communications and marketing strategy for S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and its affiliates. They will be required to develop and leverage multiple key partnerships through strategic communications, media relations, marketing strategy, and public affairs.
This role will provide strategic communications planning that will prepare S.U.C.C.E.S.S for the future. This will include exploring new and innovative communications and marketing tools that best align to future trends, and championing these initiatives as a change leader. A key member of the management team, this individual will be working closely with various areas of the business, and will be called upon to leverage their business sense and communications expertise to help lead the organization.
|Job Title:||Director, Strategic Communications & Partnerships|
|Direct Reports:||Senior Manager, Advocacy & Community Relations|
|Indirect Reports:||Content Specialist|
The Director, Strategic Communications & Partnerships is responsible for the overall communications and marketing strategy of the organization and its affiliates. They will develop partnerships through strategic communications, media relations, marketing strategy and public affairs.
- Strategically position brand to build inspired connections through storytelling that resonates with audience
- Adept at managing reputational risk and lead on crisis response
- Spearhead enterprise transformations to advance strategic direction and cultivate engaged community and business environments
- Deliver communication solutions to challenging projects leveraging technology
- Develop annual communications and marketing plan in support of organization-wide initiatives that support organizational mandates, strategic plan, and proactive communications through advocacy
- Develop creative media campaigns to garner local and national media coverage
- Produce significant increases in digital engagement through innovative social media campaigns
- Lead impactful marketing and communications of programs for brand-building to achieve aggressive targets
- Develop content and messaging for websites, annual reports, brochures, news bulletins, press releases, and public speaking addresses
- Oversee and guide all external and internal communications and marketing strategies
- Build relationships and consult with subject matter experts in the development of communication and marketing plans, key messages and content to support organizational objectives
- Support Public Affairs in execution of a public relations strategy to promote community and media relations
- Support and develop advocacy that aligns with organizational mandates
Opportunities and Challenges
- Leading proactive strategic planning for the leadership team as a communications and marketing lens
- Championing various marketing and communications tools to support programs leaders in leveraging the best technology for over 300 internal programs
- Navigating a dynamic environment and external factors with foresight and proactive planning
- Understanding various business perspectives through cross-functional collaboration
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on the greater Vancouver community and directly changing people’s lives for the better.
- Leading a diverse and engaged team, as well as support cross-functional leaders as communications and marketing leader in a participatory and collaborative manner.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Successfully build a strategic communications roadmap and comprehensive strategic communications plan for the organization.
- Becoming familiar with over 300 programs offered by the organization, to be able to gain an overall understanding of the required communications and marketing insights that will elevate the various programs.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related degree preferred;
- 7+ years of relevant communications and marketing management experience including but not limited to strategy creation and execution, content creation for websites, annual reports and speech writing, and press releases.
- Excellent working knowledge with communication principles and practices: research, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Knowledge and working experience in non-profit and community development work preferred
- Knowledge of intercultural and social issues
- Knowledge of social services/non-profit service delivery models and terminology a significant asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- High level of accountability
- Versatile and adaptable to changing external environments
- Superior business acumen to support strategic planning
- Excellent decision-making skills
- An inspirational leader with strong influence and impact.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Our client is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and our client throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AEUO-023147 Director, Strategic Communications & Partnerships – S.U.C.C.E.S.S. - BC - Vancouver and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.