Manager, Business Development- MasTec Canada
MasTec Canada (MasTec) is a publicly traded company with expertise in industrial services, oil & gas services, heavy civil and concrete, pipeline construction and renewables. MasTec peak construction periods have seen upwards of 1500 boots on the ground. In all activities, MasTec is committed to ensuring the safety of employees, contractors, stakeholders and the public is never compromised.
MasTec is presently embarking on a journey that involves engaging clients and partners at a level that allows for all parties to learn from one another, aligning with company values and responsibly delivering best-in-class infrastructure projects. Representing the MasTec Canada Core values the team’s contributions and actions are those of a trusted corporate citizen.
Through acquiring trusted and established entities, MasTec has consolidated the strongest technology and experienced professionals into one team. This has allowed for clients to access a single unified project management provider who understands complex needs, has a history of being a part of the communities in which they operate and who are involved in the construction process from start to finish.
As a group, MasTec Canada is committed to a culture of continuous improvement and industry-leading quality, while at the same time maintaining a foundation for long-term sustainable partnerships with every client.
For further information about MasTec, please visit their website at https://www.masteccanada.com
Job Title: Manager, Business Development
Reports to: Director, Business Development
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Director, Business Development the Manager, Business Development will be responsible for the expansion of new business contacts, managing and maintaining existing customer relationships and increasing the opportunity funnel in the fields of industrial services, oil & gas services, heavy civil and concrete, pipeline construction and renewables. This position plays a pivotal role in the success of MasTec’s business by increasing bid opportunities and providing market intelligence.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving revenue growth across all service lines through sales team activities as well as supporting operational leaders in cultivating local relationships
- Establish a network of owners, developers, engineers and other decision makers in target markets
- Observe applicable current events, business trends and activity of competitors in order to gain information to make good business decisions and improve strategy
- Develop a consistent approach to customer relationship management across the business
- Execute the business development strategy to achieve growth targets
- Obtain a deep knowledge of and experience with owners, developers, engineers and other decision makers in target markets
- Identify new work leads and manage lead follow-up, record keeping and information distribution
- Track business development results to ensure budget targets are met or exceeded
- Gather market intelligence on emerging opportunities, profile industry pursuits and develop strong networks with decision-making levels at target clients
- Develop and maintain a database for potential client and project opportunities using the Salesforce CRM
- Understand client needs and be able to communicate with confidence how MasTec can successfully meet those objectives
- Work closely with Vice Presidents, Estimating and Proposal Development teams and Operational Leadership on business leads
- Work with associations, industry and community groups to help develop the MasTec brand
- Develop an understanding of the client’s goals, needs and concerns and clearly communicate this to internal stakeholders to assure they submit responsive bids and increase the organizations chances of cross selling
- Follow up with clients after the award of a project to ensure superior customer service and identify opportunities for additional work
- Prepare and present weekly activity reports on sales/marketing activities
- Collaborate to develop surveys and other marketing tools
- Initiate discussions with Proposals and Estimating teams on responses to EOI’s and RFP’s
- MasTec is an Infrastructure Construction company with Project Management expertise demonstrated through active management of the construction process from start to project completion and turnover
- MasTec’s reach extends across western Canada, they are a proud neighbor, deeply connected to the communities they serve. Their community support extends youth, education, seniors, first responders, veterans, poverty, mental health and the environment
- Strong and supportive management team that leads a highly engaged organization that lives MasTec’s core values, team, respect, duty, integrity and protect
- Make an impact and lead the implementation of an organization wide strategy to improve companywide business development sophistication
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Increase the size and scope of the opportunity funnel and increase market visibility for MasTec and their service offerings
- Create new business relationships and maintain existing customer accounts
- Able to meet and/or exceed a yearly sales target
- Clearly demonstrate and articulate MasTec’s value proposition
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Construction Management or another business-related field is considered an asset
- Ten years in direct marketing/sales of construction-related services preferred
Competencies and Attributes
- Demonstrated success driving revenue growth with high volume sales activities and robust relationship building skills
- Possess strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Sales Force would be considered an asset
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast- paced environment
- Works well independently
- Maintain a positive attitude while working with the MasTec Canada team members and customers
- Read, analyze and interpret common scientific technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AJTV-381683 Manager, Business Development- MasTec Canada - AB - Calgary (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.